Which banlist would you like to see on DMG?

General Discussion

Forum rules

If you are new to the forum you should review the Forum Guidelines.
Which banlist would you like?

TCG
21%
OCG
58%
Custom (a mix of both)
21%

Total votes : 24

Game Admin
Game Admin

BYOND:
Machturbo
Ace Card:
Morphing Jar
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:17 pm
SK Tony - The Rebel wrote:You really don't want this because the worlds list is specially crafted to appease every individual territory the game is played in. For example, if a promo is not available in all regions it's not legal for play at worlds. Of course, this also carries over to Japan, TCG, and Korean exclusives. Also, the worlds list isn't simply a mash up of the two lists past the promo issue. It's built just for that one tournament.
This is a bad idea.

There are a few options to consider using here:

1) Make all official tournaments and ranked matches TCG only. OCG cards can be played outside of these games and simply get imported once they receive a TCG release.
2) Make all official tournaments and ranked matches OCG only. TCG exclusives and Korean exclusives wouldn't be playable in tournaments until their extra pack release.
3) Make the default banlist for the game OCG but allow TCG and korean exclusives in ranked play due to the fact that the game updates at the pace of the OCG in regards to card releases. This is what I think would be the most viable solution as it wouldn't take much effort to implement and wouldn't muddy up tournament or competitive waters and would allow all cards to compatible in what few tournaments are left while maintaining the competitive integrity of the game since we play at the OCGs pace. This would avoid any potential unfortunate circumstances where a combo that breaks the game in the OCG would be removed by their list but left alive by the TCGs because it doesn't exist yet.
4) Same as above, but with the TCG list. This is what the game has always had.

Custom banlist is a bad idea and shouldn't be done.

My vote went to "custom." Option 3 is what we should do.
Tournament Moderator
Tournament Moderator

BYOND:
Fistodragon
Guild:
Carpe Noctem
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:24 am
SK Tony - The Rebel wrote: Custom banlist is a bad idea and shouldn't be done

@mach
It's over 2000!
It's over 2000!
BYOND:
BladePwnsYou
Ace Card:
The Spade Club of Diamond Hearts
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:07 am
pretty sure what he meant is that he voted custom for this poll because the other 2 options don't align to what he really wants, which is in tony's list
I wrote:sorry but like, honestly, it's 2016 and you're still crying about "vent".

B-Burner wrote:wow makes me really think if all gay men are actually gay it seemed like acting to disturb us straight people pretty sure i also some some triangles (illuminati)
Tournament Moderator
Tournament Moderator

BYOND:
Fistodragon
Guild:
Carpe Noctem
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:25 am
Blade - The Rebel wrote:pretty sure what he meant is that he voted custom for this poll because the other 2 options don't align to what he really wants, which is in tony's list

/shrugs

ok
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
Shepardj
Ace Card:
Voltic Bicorn
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:29 am
Fistodragon wrote:
KibouNoHikari wrote:Someone suggested an option to choose which banlist to use during the duel, I wouldn't mind it.

That may end up just splitting the playerbase in two

shit, can't have that

gotta have the ten people that play this game doing one thing

Satellite Trash
Satellite Trash

BYOND:
Sheva05
Ace Card:
Cinderella
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:33 am
Rather happy to see a post like this, the OCG has always been doing it right in my opinion. So im voting for OCG and lets see what happens.

Im willing to talk about a custom banlist that mixes both if its something that could actually work though?

Satellite Trash
Satellite Trash

BYOND:
Sheva05
Ace Card:
Cinderella
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:46 am
Machturbo wrote:
SK Tony - The Rebel wrote:You really don't want this because the worlds list is specially crafted to appease every individual territory the game is played in. For example, if a promo is not available in all regions it's not legal for play at worlds. Of course, this also carries over to Japan, TCG, and Korean exclusives. Also, the worlds list isn't simply a mash up of the two lists past the promo issue. It's built just for that one tournament.
This is a bad idea.

There are a few options to consider using here:

1) Make all official tournaments and ranked matches TCG only. OCG cards can be played outside of these games and simply get imported once they receive a TCG release.
2) Make all official tournaments and ranked matches OCG only. TCG exclusives and Korean exclusives wouldn't be playable in tournaments until their extra pack release.
3) Make the default banlist for the game OCG but allow TCG and korean exclusives in ranked play due to the fact that the game updates at the pace of the OCG in regards to card releases. This is what I think would be the most viable solution as it wouldn't take much effort to implement and wouldn't muddy up tournament or competitive waters and would allow all cards to compatible in what few tournaments are left while maintaining the competitive integrity of the game since we play at the OCGs pace. This would avoid any potential unfortunate circumstances where a combo that breaks the game in the OCG would be removed by their list but left alive by the TCGs because it doesn't exist yet.
4) Same as above, but with the TCG list. This is what the game has always had.

Custom banlist is a bad idea and shouldn't be done.

My vote went to "custom." Option 3 is what we should do.

I also agree with Option 3. For the same reasons as stated in option 3.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Haloking101
Ace Card:
Monster Reborn
Guild:
Ventlemen
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:03 pm
Option 3 in Tony's list is the most logical option, and I don't see a reason as to why it isn't.
Previous

Return to Kaiba Corporation