In-Game Questions/Solutions Guide (OUT OF DATE)

General Off-topic
New to the game or forum? Introduce yourself...

Forum rules

If you are new to the forum you should review the Forum Guidelines.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Star Eclipse
Ace Card:
Rallis the Star Bird
Guild:
Blue Ice
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:25 am
-Guide is out of date as of February 25, will be updated whenever.-

Hello, and welcome to the Duel Monsters Genesis FAQ and Troubleshooting Guide! I'm Eclipse, your guide this lovely day ;D. In this guide are commonly asked questions, mostly by the newer players. If you're ever looking for an answer for something, you can drop by here to save yourself the trouble of asking... if my guide contains your answer, that is :lol:. I'll be open to any things you feel should be contained in this guide; just post them here!

Note: if your answer is not here, try consulting this DMG Tutorial Guide by Ambix and see if your troubles may be solved there. HERE:

Note #2: The things in parenthesis next to the issues in the Table of Contents are markers so you may find the answers easily by using the Ctrl + F function to enter the words in the parenthesis. For example, if you were to look up "Help, my screen is black! (blackscreen)," you'd press Ctrl + F on your keyboard and then enter "blackscreen" to find the answer that will be at the bottom of this thread.

Annnnnnnnd, without further ado, let's begin 8-) !

Table of Contents

RED COLOR = Important.

--Logging-in Issues--
~How come when I log in, it says I'm new, but I have entered the game before! DMG HATES ME!! QQ!!! (notsaved)

~Why does it say I'm banned? I DID NOTHING, I TELL YOU! INNOCENT IS MY MIDDLE NA--(banned1)
~Why does the Connecting to... thing crash? WTF! WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! (connecting1)
~How come when I'm at the Connecting to... screeen, it says failed? (failedconn)

--In-game Stuff--
~Why is my screen black upon logging in? (blackscreen1)
~Why is it so laggy? =\!!!!! (laglag)
~How do I set an Avatar? (avatar1)
~What is a macro? (macropolo)
~Why are some players' profile colors different than mine?
~A GM is abusing! WTF! ABUSE! RACISM! CALL THE COPS! (verbs1)
~Why are some peoples' names different than mine? (staff1)
~What are Star Points? (starz)
~How do I view controls? (control1)
~I can't move! (immobile)
~How do I PM someone? (pm1)
~I found a bug! What should I do? (foundbug)
~I've been searching for some cards in Deck Editor, but they don't show up! (missingcards)

--Dueling--
~I'm looking for Tag rules (tagduel)
~How do I change a monster's ATK/DEF/Stars/etc? (monster1)

--Star Tournaments--
~What are Star Tournaments? (startourny)
~What are Star Points? (sp)
~How can I earn Star Points? (earnsp)
~What are some benefits of earning these Star Points? [includes how to receive a Duel Runner] (rewardsp)

--Signer/Dark Signers--
~What is a Dark Signer? (darksigner)
~What is a Signer? (signer1)
~How do I become a Signer/Dark Signer? (beasigner)
~What can a Signer and Dark Signer do? (dswhat)

--Forum Issues--
~I got a forum ban! What do :( (forumban)
~How do I post in the Rules, Guides, and Articles forum? (rgaforum)
~How do I post? (posthelp)
~Why was my thread/post deleted? (delpost)

--Misc--
~How do I ban-evade? (banevade)

~How come when I log in, it says I'm new, but I have entered the game before! DMG HATES ME!! QQ!!! (notsaved)
There may be a few of reasons for this:
-You may be on another computer which does not contain your save file. In that case, you should go to the computer that contains your save file (located in the BYOND folder > Key Info) and then back it up so that you may export it to your new computer, whether it be you transferring it via USB, email, rapidshare, whatever.
-You probably didn't save when you logged in, so the game treated you as new (only occurs if you already logged in with no save beforehand.)
-You're probably running more than one instance of Dream Seeker which is causing you to trick the game into thinking you don't have a save. DO NOT LOG INTO THE GAME IF IT TREATS YOU AS NEW AND YOU'RE NOT. THIS WILL OVERWRITE YOUR SAVE FILE. Just relog until it finds your save file.

~Why does it say I'm banned? I DID NOTHING, I TELL YOU! INNOCENT IS MY MIDDLE NA--(banned1)
A LIKELY STORY. TELL ME, WHERE WERE YOU ON THE NIGHT OF JULY 4? HMMM? But, you probably did something malicious or it was just a GM abusing. Make an appeal here: http://www.gamerscripts.com/dmg/viewforum.php?f=20

~Why does the Connecting to... thing crash? WTF! WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! (connecting1)
You're probably Daemon banned, as that's something that occurs. If it persists, just exit out of the Byond Pager and try again. To test, try logging into another server to make sure it isn't a problem on your end. If it's indeed a Daemon ban, just make an appeal at the link I gave above.

~How come when I'm at the Connecting to... screeen, it says failed? (failedconn)
The server is likely encountering problems (it crashed due to hosting issues) or it may be your internet connection.

~Why is my screen black upon logging in? (blackscreen1)
You're downloading resources. These are necessary in order to play the game. Just be cool, it'll be done downloading soon. To check the progress, right-click on the DMG window on your taskbar and click Options and Messages.

~Why is it so laggy? =\!!!!! (laglag)
Hosting issues, most likely. Check your connection to make sure it's not weak or anything.

~How do I set an Avatar? (avatar1)
Go to the box at the top-left of the screen that has your IGN (in-game name) and your key to the right of it. If you've never set an avatar before, it should have a Question Mark on it. Click on the icon and press Ok. After, it will ask you to link to a picture (.png or .jpg formats only.)

~What is a macro? (macropolo)
By entering a key combination on the keyboard, you can use a macro, which is just a command that is initiated when you commence your combination. To set one, open Options and Messages by right-clicking on the DMG window on your taskbar and selecting Options and Messages (or just click Client). From there, go to Client > Macros.

~Why are some players' profile colors different than mine?
Because they have Star Points or are Dark Signers. If you want to know how to receive SP or how to be a Dark Signer, look for those in the Table of Contents here.

~A GM is abusing! WTF! ABUSE! RACISM! CALL THE COPS! (verbs1)
ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG! It's okay, it's not the first time a GM has abused around here :?. Just report it to a Game Admin(red name), or go to the Host (green name). Alternatively, you can post a thread in Server Issues here on the forums about this person.

~Why are some peoples' names different than mine? (staff1)
Those little guys must be on staff, or it's the host. Staff hierarchy is like this:

Master GM: top of the rank, the big kahuna, the king. This is EternalDuelistSoul's owner rank.
Game Administrator: next level on the GM chain. sGMs take care of game-wide things, rather than just server-wide. Their rank is permanent.
Tournament Moderators: next level on the GM chain... the purple guys! It is the TMs' jobs to host Star Tournaments
Hosts: the server host, they enforce rules in their servers and appoint server GMs. They are not staff.
Game Moderators: appointed by any of the above members except TM. GMs help hosts and admins enforcing the rules, but their rank is intertwined to the server; like Hosts.

~How do I view controls? (control1)
Press F1 in-game.

~I can't move! (immobile)
You're either lagging or downloading resources. (Check the Option and Messages menu, click File > Options and Messages)

~How do I PM someone? (pm1)
Click their avatar (picture to the left of their name) when they speak or use the Send PMs function by going to the blue arrow at the bottom of the screen and clicking the "Send PMs" button.

I found a bug! What do I do? (foundbug)
YOU DID? Well go out there and abuse it as much as you can lucky ducky! Actually, no. Don't do that. Start by Reporting the Bug HERE: Secondly, you should not expose this bug (if it's not an obvious bug, anyway) and you should not abuse it, because if you get caught welllllll....... you'll be banned :(.

~I've been searching for some cards in Deck Editor, but they don't show up! (missingcards)
Make sure that you aren't misspelling the card's name. If this still occurs, be sure you haven't messed with any search settings, like set your criteria to Dark only monsters. If you're unsure, just close the Deck Editor and re-open.

~I'm looking for Tag rules (tagduel)
Go here for the guide that Razeth made: http://www.gamerscripts.com/dmg/viewtop ... f=5&t=3557

~How do I change a monster's ATK/DEF/Stars/etc? (monster1)
Right-click on the monster.

~What are Star Tournaments? (startourny)
Hosted by Tournament Moderators. Star Tournaments are tournaments held that allows players to earn Star Points, should they top. These are usually weekly (count your blessings that they are ;) ) Register for Star Tournaments HERE:

~What are Star Points? (sp)
Star Points are a ranking system (kind of.) The HUB of the game stores any stars you earn from topping STs.

~How can I earn Star Points? (earnsp)
You can get some by entering and topping Star Tournaments.

~What are some benefits of earning these Star Points? [includes how to receive a Duel Runner] (rewardsp)
You mean besides bragging rights? Well okayy!!

1 SP - Ability to use a Duel Runner
7 SP - Ability to use a Custom Icon (see Custom Icon Tutorial by Puppy93 here: http://www.gamerscripts.com/dmg/viewtop ... 44&start=0)
10 SP - Ability to use a Professor Duel Disk. Automatically obtain a Red profile color.
50+ SP - Automatically obtain a Gold profile color.

~What is a Dark Signer? (darksigner)
This really evil person from the anime show. EDS incorporated this to the game and allowed it to be granted to players so they have special abilities.

~What is a Signer? (signer1)
Also another person from the anime, but this guy is good. Rest is the same as Dark Signer, except a Signer's abilities are kind of watered down.

~How do I become a Signer/Dark Signer? (beasigner)
You can:
~Open a canister (it's basically this thing UD sometimes puts around the map that needs a code to be unlocked. Good luck finding the code though :lol:)
~Ask EDS (don't nag him excessively.)

~What can a Signer and Dark Signer do? (dswhat)
Dark Signer - can place giant geoglyphs around their dueling area. In addition, can use the anime version of Earthbound Immortals. They also can capture souls, so to speak, by summoning the EBI while players are standing around the geoglyph. Also accompanied with a profile revamp. If you see one abusing, report it.
Signer - basically, a profile revamp and you're immune to Dark Signer soul sucking. Yay!!111111111111 :lol:

~I got a forum ban! What do :( (forumban)
Don't do whatever you did again? Or, if you feel it's unjust, report it here: http://www.gamerscripts.com/dmg/viewforum.php?f=24

~How do I post in the Rules, Guides, and Articles forum? (rgaforum)
Post whatever article you have in New Domino or Game Discussion, and if EDS thinks it's good enough to be sent there then it will be. You cannot post in the Rules, Guides, and Articles forum directly.

~How do I post? (posthelp)
If you're making a thread, click New Topic at the top-left when you're inside a forum (for example, Game Discussion.) If you want to make a comment, then click Post Reply at the top-left when you're reading a thread (like this one.)

~Why was my thread/post deleted? (delpost)
It was probably against the rules. Forum rules here: http://www.gamerscripts.com/dmg/viewtop ... 2220#p2220

How do I ban-evade? (banevade)
Lol gtfo
Last edited by Eclipse on Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
Eiza Redux
Ace Card:
Devoted Love
Guild:
THEM
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:21 am
Just want to say that last I checked, adjusting your "network delay" in BYOND games does nothing to fix lag. 99 times out of 100, lag is a mixture of the distance between your computer and the server's location, your network speed, the host's network speed, and the number of people connecting to the host. If someone is downloading resources from the server directly, that can impact their performance. Changing the network delay doesn't fix any of these problems.
Kochen wrote:Nothing is becoming outdated, you're just stupid.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Tri Fox
Ace Card:
Archlord Christia
Guild:
Overworld
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:20 am
I lol'd @ the ban evade.
Domino Citizen
Domino Citizen
BYOND:
sincerazero
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am
How about Tag/FFA/Royale rules and differences, because a lot of people don't know nor understand how to play properly in one?
Sign here.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Star Eclipse
Ace Card:
Rallis the Star Bird
Guild:
Blue Ice
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:49 pm
Messed around a bit with the colors and cleaned up a couple areas.

If anyone has any suggestions about anything (content, design, etc) then that'd be appreciated too :).
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Star Eclipse
Ace Card:
Rallis the Star Bird
Guild:
Blue Ice
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:44 pm
Fixed a couple colors that just looked lolbad.

Still debating about things I should put in the Dueling category.

Anyone got some ideas?
Game Admin
Game Admin

BYOND:
Dr. Seraphimon Obelisk
Ace Card:
Obelisk the Tormentor
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:08 pm
thanks for the effort, eclipse.

hopefully this guide will be helpful to new players.

sticked.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Star Eclipse
Ace Card:
Rallis the Star Bird
Guild:
Blue Ice
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:21 pm
Thank you, Sera.

I appreciate the edits as well.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
InCinErator
Ace Card:
King Tiger Wanghu
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:15 am
Although I'm honestly just posting in this sticky because the last reply is almost a year and a half old, I will say it'd be nice if something like this were updated. :D
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Star Eclipse
Ace Card:
Rallis the Star Bird
Guild:
Blue Ice
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:59 pm
I honestly forgot this existed, lol.

I'll get to updating it when I can.
Next