NFL Pick The Winners Contest - 2016/2017 Season

General Off-topic
New to the game or forum? Introduce yourself...

Forum rules

If you are new to the forum you should review the Forum Guidelines.
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
JemGryphonkin
Ace Card:
Gren Maju Da Eiza
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:14 pm
Running total:
JemGryphonkin's Overall Score is 161 wins, out of 254 games picked, with an overall correct pick % of 63.39%
Fistodragon's Overall Score is 141 wins, out of 234 games picked, with an overall correct pick % of 60.26%
Machturbo's Overall Score is 141 wins, out of 238 games picked, with an overall correct pick % of 59.24%
Rosa's Overall Score is 65 wins, out of 130 games picked, with an overall correct pick % of 50.00%
Angel's Overall Score is 75 wins, out of 161 games picked, with an overall correct pick % of 46.58%
Tony's Overall Score is 33 wins, out of 78 games picked, with an overall correct pick % of 42.31%
Toaster's Overall Score is 19 wins, out of 33 games picked, with an overall correct pick % of 57.58%
Greed's Overall Score is 9 wins, out of 16 games picked, with an overall correct pick % of 56.25%
Vajuranda's Overall Score is 43 wins, out of 92 games picked, with an overall correct pick % of 46.74%
Eiza's Overall Score is 116 wins, out of 190 games picked, with an overall correct pick % of 61.05%
Prodigy's Overall Score is 155 wins, out of 254 games picked, with an overall correct pick % of 61.02%
Chico's Overall Score is 88 wins, out of 159 games picked, with an overall correct pick % of 55.35%
Swift's Overall Score is 38 wins, out of 74 games picked, with an overall correct pick % of 51.35%
Shadowflame909's Overall Score is 7 wins, out of 16 games picked, with an overall correct pick % of 43.75%
DarkJustin's Overall Score is 58 wins, out of 110 games picked, with an overall correct pick % of 52.73%
Poison's Overall Score is 8 wins, out of 15 games picked, with an overall correct pick % of 53.33%
Ashley's Overall Score is 11 wins, out of 15 games picked, with an overall correct pick % of 73.33%

Week 1 Tally: Eiza, Prod, and Jem tied for first, Chico in 4th, and Toaster and Greed tied for 5th
Week 2 Tally: Eiza in first, Jem and Prod tied for second, Chico in 4th, Toaster in 5th.
Week 3 Tally: Eiza maintains his lead, with Prodigy in second. Chico, Fisto, and Jem tied for third.
Week 4 Tally: Just based on total wins, we have Eiza maintaining his solid lead. Jem is in second, with fisto and Prod tied for third.Note, Greed is now ineligible for % based prize due to three missed weeks in a row.
Week 5 Tally: Eiza is still in first, but Fisto took a big leap into second this week. Following that is prod in third, Jem in fourth, and Chico back into the top 5. Note, Shadowflame and Toaster are now ineligible for % based prize due to three missed weeks in a row. (One pick doesn't count)
Week 6 Tally: Eiza has a comfortable first place spot, with Fisto and Prod behind as second and third. By percentage, Swift is in fourth followed by Jem.
Week 7 Tally: Eiza is still in front, but Prod is closing the gap. Fisto fell to third, then Swift and a tie between Jem and Chico. Note, Poison and Ashley are now ineligible for % based prize due to three missed weeks in a row.
Week 8 Tally: Eiza is in front with 69 wins, coincidence with Gronk just hitting 69 career TDs? I THINK NOT. 3 way tie for 2nd with Chico, Fisto, and Prod, with Swift barely edging Jem out on % for 5th.
Week 9 Tally: tl;dr - Eiza > Prod > Chico > Jem = Fisto. Note, Tony, Vaj and Swift are ineligible for percentage based prizes due to 3 missed weeks in a row.
Week 10 Tally: After a week where everyone but Jem sucked, we have Eiza with a 1 game lead in first, with Jem and Prod right on his heels, followed by Fisto and Chico.
Week 11 Tally: For the first time since Week 1, we have a tie at first between Eiza and Jem. Following that in order is Prodigy, Chico, then Fisto.
Week 12 Tally: Jem has taken sole possession of first place, followed by Eiza, then Prod. Fisto and Chico round out the top 5. Rosa is ineligible for % based prizes after missing 3 weeks in a row.
Week 13 Tally: A rough week for Jem, but he stays tied in first with Prodigy. Eiza, Fisto, and Mach round out the top 5.
Week 14 Tally: We're heading down the stretch, folks. Right now of the 5 players still eligible (Chico and Poison are ineligible for % based prizes as of this week), Jem is in first place, second is Prodigy in picks, Eiza in %, followed by Fisto then Mach.
Week 15 Tally: tl;dr - Jem > Prod > Eiza > Mach > Fisto
Week 16 Tally: One more week. Current Jem > Eiza > Prod > Fisto > Mach. Eiza is behind in total picks, just up in %, but has a chance (if he picks this weekend) to get % based prize. Prodigy is 5 games behind Jem for the most correct picks prize.
Ladies and Gentlemen~

It's that time again; Football season is almost upon us! (That's American football, not soccer.)

Once again, like last year, I'm going to hold a forum Pick the Winners contest. Like last year, it will be nice and full of weekly and end of season prizes!

The winners of the 3 categories of the contest will get 1 custom sleeve (Sleeves themed after your favorite NFL Team are my primary thought, but if for whatever reason you don't want your favorite team's logo as a card sleeve, we could compromise with other sleeve designs.)

So, let's get into Da Rules:
I shall post the games for the coming week by Tuesday night at the latest in a thread in Domino High. People will have up until 1 hour before game time to post their picks in the created thread (picks made after the one hour margin from when game/games have started will be considered non-picks). No point spreads, just winners and losers. We shall go through all of the weeks of the season (not preseason). This year, I will not include post season in the picks contest, as there are too few games and it just drags on the contest an extra month.

Please pick for all games that have not been played yet, at the time you make picks, or your picks will not be counted.

Contest 1: The winner of this is the person who gets the most correct picks across the entire season. Plain and simple.

Contest 2: The winner of this is the person who has the highest percentage of correct picks across the entire season, under the following circumstances:
a) Cannot be the winner of Contest 1 - if the highest percentage and highest total wins are the same, the second highest percentage will win this contest.
b) Has to have picked over 50% of the total games in the entire season. This means a person can join late and still have a chance.
c) Skipping 3 consecutive weeks of picks makes you ineligible for this prize. So for people who's RL will interfere with getting on here every week, as long as you don't miss three weeks in a row you're good.

(Note: Tie games will not count for or against you, they will be counted as a non-pick as if the game didn't occur.)

Contest 3: Contest 3 is going to be a 1 week only contest for the Super Bowl. This contest will open up after the end of the Championship Games. Unlike previous contests, I will not accept entries into the posted thread, I will require them by Forum Private Messaging only. This is to prevent a lot of people from all picking the same thing.

The Super Bowl Pick has to include Winner/Loser, and a point spread. For example:
I pick Team NFC to beat Team AFC, 24-17

The criteria for winning will be (in order):
a) You get the correct winner
b) The closest to the actual final score in absolute value; For example in the above quote, if the final score of the Super Bowl was Team NFC winning 21-20, your absolute value difference is 6 (3 over on AFC, 3 under on NFC).

In the event of a tie in any contest, all tied duelists will share the prize.
Note, if I suspect you of collusion with another play to purposely pick the same thing all the time to attempt to tie and share a prize, you will be disqualified.

As mentioned above, all 3 winners will receive a custom sleeve in game.

WEEKLY CONTEST

Now that Item Spawn has been restored to Admins and TMs, the weekly winner (Unless it's an Admin or TM, because f*ck you that's why), once during the next week, can request one Tier 1 Item (See tournament rewards in Tournaments subforum for details on item tiers) from an Admin or TM. Specifically, feel free to bug Slinky or Machturbo, or myself; we love getting annoyed by item requests.

Note: If an item is claimed from a Star Tournament, they have precedent the item you win in this contest; pick something else if an ST winner has claimed what you want. If an ST winner claims what you have requested, and your item is removed, you can claim a new item to replace the first. The weekly item winner will be announced at the end of Monday/beginning of Tuesday (after the Monday Night Football score) and can be claimed through the week until Sunday morning, at which point your item will no longer be replaced.
Note, if your item is removed for other reasons, such as but not limited to rank dueling while holding an item, being banned, or in general misuse, your item will not be replaced.

So, get your picks right!

Thanks for reading, and good luck! Are you ready for some Football?
SwiftBlackNinjaMan wrote:Jem is an adult in every sense of the word. He does not need this game or these forums to boost his self-esteem making him entirely unbiased. He's also a sensible person.

End of first episode of Arc V should have gone like this -- "Wait, did you just summon a bunch of monsters in 1 turn?" "Yeah, so?" "Well, isn't that against the rules?" "SCREW THE RULES I MAKE UP CARD MECHANICS WITH MY PENDANT"
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
Eiza Redux
Ace Card:
Devoted Love
Guild:
THEM
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:13 am
I pick the New England Patriots to beat everyone else.

No, I did not read the rules.
Kochen wrote:Nothing is becoming outdated, you're just stupid.
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
JemGryphonkin
Ace Card:
Gren Maju Da Eiza
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:03 am
-Eiza- wrote:I pick the New England Patriots to beat everyone else.

No, I did not read the rules.

-Banned-
SwiftBlackNinjaMan wrote:Jem is an adult in every sense of the word. He does not need this game or these forums to boost his self-esteem making him entirely unbiased. He's also a sensible person.

End of first episode of Arc V should have gone like this -- "Wait, did you just summon a bunch of monsters in 1 turn?" "Yeah, so?" "Well, isn't that against the rules?" "SCREW THE RULES I MAKE UP CARD MECHANICS WITH MY PENDANT"
Rising Duelist
Rising Duelist

BYOND:
Shadowvictini123
Ace Card:
Overmind Archfiend
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:19 pm
The Browns.
He ain't gonna cut it. Somebody's gotta break that loser in.

Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Puppy93
Ace Card:
Frightfur Tiger
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:40 pm
Vanitas wrote:The Browns.

dayday: U took 3 hours to tell me im retarded?

Envoy of Infinity
Envoy of Infinity
BYOND:
Rodnie
Ace Card:
Your Mom
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:24 pm
The Eagles going 16-0
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
JemGryphonkin
Ace Card:
Gren Maju Da Eiza
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:58 pm
Prodigy wrote:The Eagles going 16-0

Satellite Trash
Satellite Trash

BYOND:
bkmostwanted
Ace Card:
Smdsmd
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:44 pm
Giants Going to the Bowl

BTW ..... Public Service Announcement : There will be a Fantasy Football League I am running this year it's an 8 man League with about 3 Spots left, any takers you can PM me for more Info or if you're in DMG Discord just talk to me there for anymore details

NFL.com Fantasy
League Name : Sellout Bois
Password : AL123
League ID:4157271
The Draft will begin August 24th at 8pm Eastern. If there is anything you need to ask PM me.

Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
MichealDraven
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:19 am
the patriots go 0-16, tom brady gets permanently injured, gronk goes to a team i dont hate with a fiery passion.
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
Eiza Redux
Ace Card:
Devoted Love
Guild:
THEM
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:45 pm
1 r t3h dr4v3n wrote:the patriots go 0-16, tom brady gets permanently injured, gronk goes to a team i dont hate with a fiery passion.

Kochen wrote:Nothing is becoming outdated, you're just stupid.
Next

Return to Domino High