New Players

If you have a suggestion which would be of benefit to the game, post it here.
Please keep them to the point & realistic. Thanks.
Tournament Moderator
Tournament Moderator

BYOND:
Fistodragon
Guild:
Carpe Noctem
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:05 pm
When people log in, there should be a welcome message that links them to the DMG forums and links them Eclipse's tutorial video so that way people don't have to run away because nobody wants to help them out. I think this may help our problem slightly. Thoughts?
Satellite Trash
Satellite Trash

BYOND:
Kyuuflame
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:08 pm
makes sense, might as well. i forgot what the welcome message says, but i remember it seeming bulky and pointless. keep it simple and just have

"welcom to DMG, thanks for joining our community! here is a link to our tutorial video on our game's forums:

-link-

NOTE: your game may have to load from time to time when you enter or while you're playing. please allow the game a chance to fully load, and while you do, chat with our members for advice/instructions."

thats really all ya need
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
Eiza Redux
Ace Card:
Devoted Love
Guild:
THEM
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:04 pm
Even if there isn't a link to the tutorial, a link to the forum and a warning about resources appended to the "[usr] has logged in for the first time" check, just for the new players, would be great.
Kochen wrote:Nothing is becoming outdated, you're just stupid.
Tournament Moderator
Tournament Moderator

BYOND:
Fistodragon
Guild:
Carpe Noctem
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:21 pm
-Eiza- wrote:Even if there isn't a link to the tutorial, a link to the forum and a warning about resources appended to the "[usr] has logged in for the first time" check, just for the new players, would be great.

Yes agreed.

Return to Suggestions