Game features suggestions

If you have a suggestion which would be of benefit to the game, post it here.
Please keep them to the point & realistic. Thanks.
Tournament Moderator
Tournament Moderator
BYOND:
Shinkanohikari
Ace Card:
Mermail Goddess Iris Heart
Guild:
The Six Paths
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:10 am
While playing, I noticed some things can be added/modified:

1) A filter for Pendulum/Tuners inside the Deck Editor
2) New LP/ATK/DEF markers and/or new Duel Disks, like Arc-V ones
3) Permanent Foil Tokens (like any other item)
4) A way to select Fusion Materials directly from Deck (Some cards like Shaddoll Fusion and Red-Eyes Fusion allow it)
5) Even if unused, the Spell Card Darkness Approaches flips a Monster into face-down Attack Position, so it could be added among the commands
6) A way to make the ATK/DEF increase/decrease of Raidraptor - Force Strix automatic (due to its effect)
7) Replacing Doma 1,2,3,4 among the Duel Monsters icons with their actual names (Ex: Doma 4 into Valon)

And some glitches:

1) During a tag, sometimes LPs of a team are uneven (Ex: Team A, Player 1 with 6200 lps and Player 2 with 4300 lps)
2) If you cancel a Fusion Summon while selecting the targets, they keep glowing until you flip them down/return them to hand
3) F4 not working during a duel
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
Eiza Redux
Ace Card:
Devoted Love
Guild:
THEM
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:46 am
Take this with a grain of salt. I don't handle the spaghetti code.

KibouNoHikari wrote:While playing, I noticed some things can be added/modified:

1) A filter for Pendulum/Tuners inside the Deck Editor
2) New LP/ATK/DEF markers and/or new Duel Disks, like Arc-V ones
3) Permanent Foil Tokens (like any other item)
4) A way to select Fusion Materials directly from Deck (Some cards like Shaddoll Fusion and Red-Eyes Fusion allow it)
5) Even if unused, the Spell Card Darkness Approaches flips a Monster into face-down Attack Position, so it could be added among the commands
6) A way to make the ATK/DEF increase/decrease of Raidraptor - Force Strix automatic (due to its effect)
7) Replacing Doma 1,2,3,4 among the Duel Monsters icons with their actual names (Ex: Doma 4 into Valon)

And some glitches:

1) During a tag, sometimes LPs of a team are uneven (Ex: Team A, Player 1 with 6200 lps and Player 2 with 4300 lps)
2) If you cancel a Fusion Summon while selecting the targets, they keep glowing until you flip them down/return them to hand
3) F4 not working during a duel

Stuff in green is an easy solve (probably). Pendulum/Tuner search can be cannibalized from the Effect/Tuner search code.

New markers and Duel Disks means new assets from thin air. Unless someone's already got plans to put in new assets, they're probably not coming.

Not sure what you mean about "Permanent Foil Tokens", last I checked, items aren't permanent. If you mean you want them to stick to your account after you log out but before they're removed/the server reboots, I don't know. Could be by design.

Putting in an option to display monsters in the deck for the Fusion Summon prompt shouldn't be too difficult, but because you can just open your deck and send the material where it needs to go and summon manually, it's not terribly important. If you really wanted to do the Fusion Summon animation, you could just open your deck and put the material on the field first. If it's by the effect of one of those fusion Spells, your opponent will know what's going on either way.

Darkness Approaches should be easy, just adding the option for Face-Down Attack Position in the menu and using the card sleeve icon. That being said, unless there's a new archetype that makes use of Face-Down Attack Position as their gimmick...

Force Strix isn't the only monster with a continuous effect that alters its ATK. Automatic ATK adjustment has always been on-and-off. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that it probably won't.

Fair enough on the Doma Gang, but I'm pretty sure the Ghouls and Guardians in the DM list had names, too (except maybe those couple of generic ones). Might do to just give them all a once-over.

For the tag glitch, if I'm remembering it right, that usually happens when both players try to adjust Life Points at the same time. Might be an easy solve by making sure that the partner's Life Points are set equal to the Life Points of the person who just changed them. But again, this is an easy solve already by just using =#### to set your Life Points to whatever they need to be.

Fusion Summon cancel should be as simple as adding a line that sets the overlay effect on the materials to not be there when it's cancelled.

Pretty sure Messages not being easily accessible while dueling is by design, but I'm not tournament-savvy.

Always nice to get suggestions, either way.
Kochen wrote:Nothing is becoming outdated, you're just stupid.

Return to Suggestions