Forum Features

If you have a suggestion which would be of benefit to the game, post it here.
Please keep them to the point & realistic. Thanks.
Satellite Trash
Satellite Trash

BYOND:
Cardsy
Ace Card:
Allure of Darkness
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:53 am
Few suggestions

Maybe a reputation system with up/down posting system?

Ability for those with high enough rep to change name color at whim and have larger avatar dimensions (see: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... hange_mod/ - allows for color tables which can restrict which color ranges are used)
Level the playing field a bit, use the pretty little badges to represent staff affiliation.

Designate a ranking for recent star tournament winners with yellow names and a yellow star badge (have a guy that can produce that for the managers here) Maybe give the purple people the job of keeping up with that

Youtube tag that works for forum posts

And since Dekar is the only one still listening, I guess this topic is for him.
Game Admin
Game Admin

BYOND:
TheWorldsGreatestWarrior
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:37 am
A couple of interesting things to be said about these, and if anybody wants to prove any of these opinions wrong, please feel free.

@Rep System: I believe this actually does exist natively within the system, but it has never been enabled, and, outside of some general cleanup that was needed due to various people's laziness, the only additional change I have made to the forums since I took them over is the addition of the "S" tag, which makes a text have strikeout on it. That being said, I don't believe anybody's ever expressed any interest in such a thing, and I imagine our community has degraded a bit too much to make it worth having. I don't mind doing it, I'm just mostly certain that nobody will give a f***.

@Installing UCCM: I am aware of this mod's existence, but somewhat along the same lines as what I said about enabling the rep system, I'm pretty sure that not too many people are enthusiastic about more rainbow soup. We already have multiple colors indicating multiple variations of staff positions, and as for increased avatar size... I'm pretty sure myself, and you, with your recent change, are legit the only people who have even made use of the increased avatar size restriction that I lifted when I took over the forums.

@Rank for ST Winners: I do actually intend at "SOME POINT™" to do a bit of changing and shaking up to the rank list around here, but as far as one targeted towards ST winners, it is a cute idea, but I'm pretty sure the TM's aren't going to care enough about the concept of "yet-another-thing-I-need-to-do-after-running-a-multi-hour-long-tournament" to keep those things up-to-date, especially considering just how often DMG does ST's.

@Youtube tag:

There is only one thing to note, and that's that it doesn't work with Youtube's default "https" but, uh... yeah. :?:
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

BYOND:
Number 9 Dyson Sphere
Ace Card:
Number 9 Dyson Sphere
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:39 pm
Have you actually seen the dmg community? a rep system is going to be abused so hard. Esp. if it has a downvote feature.
[20:04] Fusion Duelist - Blade: celtic is a skilled player

Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
Eiza Redux
Ace Card:
Devoted Love
Guild:
THEM
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:40 pm
Only time the rep system was ever requested was when half da boyz from that other YGO site wanted it here to downvote shitty decks in the deck construction forum. :roll:
Kochen wrote:Nothing is becoming outdated, you're just stupid.

Return to Suggestions