Updated Tag-Team Duel system (Arc-V)

If you have a suggestion which would be of benefit to the game, post it here.
Please keep them to the point & realistic. Thanks.

Satellite Trash
Satellite Trash

BYOND:
Sheva05
Ace Card:
Cinderella
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:30 am
As of some of the most recent episodes of Arc-V they seem to have a pretty up to date Tag-Team Duel system explained in detail. I do like our current tag system but as we all know it creates some ruling confusions since half of its system is technically custom and made by the staff. Previous yugiohs never really go into depth or detail about how the tags worked and basically just treated them like FFA (Free for all) duels and just targeted certain players making it like a make shift tag-team duel.

This Duel is conducted as a Tag-Team Duel. Each team shares a field, Graveyard and LP. Card effects that target cards in a player's hand may target their partner's hand. (Arc-V's explanation of it) Basically the Ygopro/ Tag Force engine with the exception that now your hand and deck still exist during another players turn and able to view your partners hand. It may help create some structure with the tag-team duel rules in DMG I dunno what are your guys opinions should we attempt to update our tag-duel system to this?
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
Eiza Redux
Ace Card:
Devoted Love
Guild:
THEM
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:26 am
Shared graveyard. :lol:

Not that it really matters, but I think this is just one more reason for me to hate Arc V.
Kochen wrote:Nothing is becoming outdated, you're just stupid.

Satellite Trash
Satellite Trash

BYOND:
Sheva05
Ace Card:
Cinderella
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:45 am
-Eiza- wrote:Shared graveyard. :lol:

Not that it really matters, but I think this is just one more reason for me to hate Arc V.

It would be nice to have a more structured system that makes the rulings more stable. But I do agree that it should still be separated graveyards.
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

BYOND:
Number 9 Dyson Sphere
Ace Card:
Number 9 Dyson Sphere
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:52 am
I mean, we could technically just use Tag Force's system. Idk why we haven't been doing that.
[20:04] Fusion Duelist - Blade: celtic is a skilled player

Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
RyuSamurai
Ace Card:
Shadow Ghoul
Guild:
The VCRI
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:32 pm
because actual tag duel rules exist
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
JemGryphonkin
Ace Card:
Gren Maju Da Eiza
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:35 pm
Actual tag rules are impossible to do casual duels with though, due to shared ban list.

Honestly, the Arc-V tag rules which are using the Tag Force rules would probably be easier to do, but as a whole we seem to be in general content with our current system based roughly on the Original Yugioh and GX style tag duels.
SwiftBlackNinjaMan wrote:Jem is an adult in every sense of the word. He does not need this game or these forums to boost his self-esteem making him entirely unbiased. He's also a sensible person.

End of first episode of Arc V should have gone like this -- "Wait, did you just summon a bunch of monsters in 1 turn?" "Yeah, so?" "Well, isn't that against the rules?" "SCREW THE RULES I MAKE UP CARD MECHANICS WITH MY PENDANT"

Satellite Trash
Satellite Trash

BYOND:
Sheva05
Ace Card:
Cinderella
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:27 pm
The Tag Force way is fine as long as the whole "Your hand and deck don't exist when its not your turn" thing is gone. that Tag Force and Ygopro/Devpro do.

So i agree with Jem really Konami's tag system is also obsolete on top of not being casual and the shared card list ban rule couldnt work on DMG anyway I dont think. Although the official tag rules are doing one thing DMG is doing and they have separate graveyards as well so I do agree with that.
Satellite Trash
Satellite Trash

BYOND:
Metalspro
Ace Card:
Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:43 pm
Konami treats Tag Duels as a 1vs1 with assists, where both players rotate between being the ''main'' player. I don't see a problem with most of the official tag rulings. Only issues being the limited/semi-limited card restriction and the 16,000 LPs.
Head Admin
Head Admin

BYOND:
IceFire2050
Ace Card:
Noble Spirit Beast Kannahawk
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:36 am
Metalspro wrote:Konami treats Tag Duels as a 1vs1 with assists, where both players rotate between being the ''main'' player. I don't see a problem with most of the official tag rulings. Only issues being the limited/semi-limited card restriction and the 16,000 LPs.

No they don't. That's the Tag Force style.

Konami has official tag rules but they haven't updated them in a few years. They lack rulings on Pendulums. There's also a few vague areas.

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/league/du ... eling.html

Return to Suggestions