Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
JemGryphonkin
Ace Card:
Gren Maju Da Eiza
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:02 pm
Ice -

Why do we have the text "This card is treated as a CXyz" in the text on our version of this card? I don't see it in the wiki article, and by looking at naming conventions this card should be considered neither a "Number C" or "CXyz" card (aka you should only really be able to summon it via Number C1000's effect, not via a Rank Up Magic card)
SwiftBlackNinjaMan wrote:Jem is an adult in every sense of the word. He does not need this game or these forums to boost his self-esteem making him entirely unbiased. He's also a sensible person.

End of first episode of Arc V should have gone like this -- "Wait, did you just summon a bunch of monsters in 1 turn?" "Yeah, so?" "Well, isn't that against the rules?" "SCREW THE RULES I MAKE UP CARD MECHANICS WITH MY PENDANT"
Satellite Trash
Satellite Trash

BYOND:
Soul Lust
Ace Card:
Duston Mop
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:31 pm
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/C_(archetype)

"C", short for and known as "Chaos" (Cカオス Kaosu) in the Japanese version, is an archetype of Xyz Monsters supported by the anime effects of the "Rank-Up-Magic" cards, and used by various Duelists in the Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL anime. It encompasses two sub-archetypes, "CXyz" and "Number C". Both of those sub-archetypes are explicitly supported by the support cards in the OCG, while the archetypes are combined into this one in the anime.

tl;dr its not a number c its just a C, which in the tcg means its at least cxyz

I brought Tags/FFAs back. Thank me when you see me in-game. (:
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
JemGryphonkin
Ace Card:
Gren Maju Da Eiza
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:16 pm
True, but the rankups specify "「CX」" or "「CNo.」" (CX is what's in the name of, say, CXyz Coach Lord Ultimatrainer) - Number ic1000 has neither CX or CNo. in its card name, and therefor is not a valid target for rank up magics.
SwiftBlackNinjaMan wrote:Jem is an adult in every sense of the word. He does not need this game or these forums to boost his self-esteem making him entirely unbiased. He's also a sensible person.

End of first episode of Arc V should have gone like this -- "Wait, did you just summon a bunch of monsters in 1 turn?" "Yeah, so?" "Well, isn't that against the rules?" "SCREW THE RULES I MAKE UP CARD MECHANICS WITH MY PENDANT"
Head Admin
Head Admin

BYOND:
IceFire2050
Ace Card:
Noble Spirit Beast Kannahawk
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:10 am
All of the Rank-Up support cards irl that say ""Number C" or "CXyz"" had originally just said "C" in the anime. But while they were getting released irl, the japanese text was changed

from....
1つ高い「Cカオス」

to...
1つ高い「CNo.」または「CX」

As far as I'm aware, there are no cards that only support "CXyz" cards. There are only cards that either just support "Number C" alone or support for "Number C" and "CXyz" together.

The wording used on iC1000 is there so that it can be used with those rank-ups and support spells. And there's no way for me to word cards otherwise since I can't exactly use "C" on a card.

This is the only way things can be worded so that iC1000 can be used as a "C" card but not as a "Number C" card.
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
JemGryphonkin
Ace Card:
Gren Maju Da Eiza
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:47 pm
IceFire2050 wrote:All of the Rank-Up support cards irl that say ""Number C" or "CXyz"" had originally just said "C" in the anime. But while they were getting released irl, the japanese text was changed

from....
1つ高い「Cカオス」

to...
1つ高い「CNo.」または「CX」

As far as I'm aware, there are no cards that only support "CXyz" cards. There are only cards that either just support "Number C" alone or support for "Number C" and "CXyz" together.

The wording used on iC1000 is there so that it can be used with those rank-ups and support spells. And there's no way for me to word cards otherwise since I can't exactly use "C" on a card.

This is the only way things can be worded so that iC1000 can be used as a "C" card but not as a "Number C" card.

The Japanese text on the IRL RUMs is 「CX」 or 「CNo.」 consistently. ic1000 is neither a CX (which TCG translates as CXyz) or CNo. (Which is our "Number C") cards, therefor it shouldnt' be summonable with Rank Up Magics.

For example, the name of Coach Ultimatrainer is CX 熱血指導神アルティメットレーナー - None of the japanese texts of RUMs and the like specify "C" monsters. We have the IRL cards now, they have their specific cards they work on, and iC1000 shouldn't function with any Rank-Up-Magic spell. It was meant to be summoned via C1000's effect, why can't we just leave it as such?

Return to ACG