Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon

Post Original Card Game Card's here.

It's over 2000!
It's over 2000!

BYOND:
Razeth
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:41 am
In-game text:
When this card is Xyz Summoned using "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon" as Xyz Material: Negate the effect(s) of all other face-up cards on the field. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; detach all Xyz Materials from monsters your opponent controls. This turn, this card gains 500 ATK for each Xyz Material detached, and during this turn's Battle Phase, this card can attack equal to the number of Xyz Materials detached by this effect.

Real text:
When this card is Xyz Summoned using "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon" as Xyz Material: Negate the effects of all other face-up cards currently on the field. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; detach all Xyz Material from monsters your opponent controls. This turn, this card gains 500 ATK for each Xyz Material detached by this effect, and during this turn's Battle Phase, this card can attack equal to the number of Xyz Materials detached by this effect.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
InCinErator
Ace Card:
King Tiger Wanghu
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:20 am
Razeth wrote:In-game text:
When this card is Xyz Summoned using "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon" as Xyz Material: Negate the effect(s) of all other face-up cards on the field. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; detach all Xyz Materials from monsters your opponent controls. This turn, this card gains 500 ATK for each Xyz Material detached, and during this turn's Battle Phase, this card can attack equal to the number of Xyz Materials detached by this effect.

Real text:
When this card is Xyz Summoned using "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon" as Xyz Material: Negate the effects of all other face-up cards currently on the field. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; detach all Xyz Material from monsters your opponent controls. This turn, this card gains 500 ATK for each Xyz Material detached by this effect, and during this turn's Battle Phase, this card can attack equal to the number of Xyz Materials detached by this effect.

That real text honestly makes my head hurt. A trigger effect with continuous like properties... -_-
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Kochen
Ace Card:
Elemental Hero Yamato
Guild:
Ventlemens Club
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:07 am
Dawgy wrote:That real text honestly makes my head hurt. A trigger effect with continuous like properties... -_-

Wut? :/

It doesn't have "continuous like" anything. When you summon it, it triggers, negates the effect of everything on the field and then never again.

When this card is Xyz Summoned using "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon" as Xyz Material: Negate the effects of all other face-up cards currently on the field.

reads the same as

All other face-up cards currently on the field when this card is Xyz Summoned... are negated.
Image Image Image Image Image
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Wolfgang DS
Ace Card:
Shooting Star Dragon
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:52 am
I'm probably wrong (wouldn't be the first time, right guys? ;) ), but Dawgy MIGHT have been talking about the second thing.

But again, I could be wrong.
Witness the Rebellion of Mars!

The Void
Infernity Nightmare cards
Infernity Nightmare meanings

The only thing that makes anyone third-rate is their attitude, not their skill. - Joey Wheeler, The Daikaiju Secret Episode Eight: Trials
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Kochen
Ace Card:
Elemental Hero Yamato
Guild:
Ventlemens Club
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:18 am
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; detach all Xyz Materials from monsters your opponent controls. This turn, this card gains 500 ATK for each Xyz Material detached (by this effect), and during this turn's Battle Phase, this card can attack equal to the number of Xyz Materials detached by this effect.

Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; detach all Xyz Material from monsters your opponent controls. This turn, this card gains 500 ATK for each Xyz Material detached by this effect, and during this turn's Battle Phase, this card can attack equal to the number of Xyz Materials detached by this effect.

Because common sense dictates that when Dawgy said that "the real text" made his head hurt, that part of the the card that is worded exactly the same as the anime one, is the part he was talking about, right?

Makes sense to me.

It's over 2000!
It's over 2000!

BYOND:
Razeth
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:49 am
Anyway...
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Kochen
Ace Card:
Elemental Hero Yamato
Guild:
Ventlemens Club
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:47 am
Anyway what, you goober?

That's the end of the thread.. :roll:
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
InCinErator
Ace Card:
King Tiger Wanghu
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:11 am
I'm confused because are they just negated period? Like I don't understand the implication of the term. Is it something like when Wattsquirrel attacks a Treeborn Frog and its effect is negated even in the graveyard? That's the only way I can make sense of it...

At first I thought it was like if you Xyz summon this card with Galaxy Eyes, all other cards that activate on the field would end up being negated because of that effect. Which, admittedly, was a little bit confusing for me.

Point is, the real text is just a little fuzzy on the wording is all. It could've been written better. Not a big deal.

Return to OCG