Board Moderator
Board Moderator

BYOND:
Number 9 Dyson Sphere
Ace Card:
Number 9 Dyson Sphere
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:17 pm

Code: Select all
Activate only when your opponent's monster declares an attack. Negate the attack, and draw 1 card.

• This card targets the attacking monster.
  • Negating the attack and drawing a card are considered to happen simultaneously, but in order to draw a card, the attack must be negated. (Basically, if put into PSCT, it'd read: When an opponent's monster declares an attack: Target that monster; Negate that attack, and if you do, draw 1 card.)
Last edited by DysonSlinky on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
ChicoBDA
Ace Card:
Rescue Cat
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:06 pm
Why not change it to PSCT in-game then?

By the way, the actual PSCT text would be:

Floral Shield wrote:When an opponent's monster declares an attack: Target the attacking monster; negate that attack, and if you do, draw 1 card.
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

BYOND:
Number 9 Dyson Sphere
Ace Card:
Number 9 Dyson Sphere
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:34 pm
Good catch, and we can't change it to PSCT. The card was never updated to it as its anime, and we can't change that unless the card shows up in a future video game with the PSCT, or is released irl.
Tournament Moderator
Tournament Moderator

BYOND:
Amber Lee
Ace Card:
Madolche Puddingcess
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:29 am
What was your reasoning for ruling it as "and if you do" ?
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

BYOND:
Number 9 Dyson Sphere
Ace Card:
Number 9 Dyson Sphere
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:52 am
Madolche Amber Lee wrote:What was your reasoning for ruling it as "and if you do" ?

I compared the original printing of Hate Buster to that of LaDD.
Hate Buster had a comma separating the destruction and the effect damage, LaDD didn't.
Hate Buster was converted to "and if you do,". LaDD wasn't.

I see that same comma here, separating the attack negation and the card drawing. I couldn't think of any others off the top of my head, so if you have more card texts to compare, I'd like to see them so I can be more accurate with this, as I'm pretty much making an assumption.
Tournament Moderator
Tournament Moderator

BYOND:
Amber Lee
Ace Card:
Madolche Puddingcess
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:17 am
DysonSlinky wrote:
Madolche Amber Lee wrote:What was your reasoning for ruling it as "and if you do" ?

I compared the original printing of Hate Buster to that of LaDD.
Hate Buster had a comma separating the destruction and the effect damage, LaDD didn't.
Hate Buster was converted to "and if you do,". LaDD wasn't.

I see that same comma here, separating the attack negation and the card drawing. I couldn't think of any others off the top of my head, so if you have more card texts to compare, I'd like to see them so I can be more accurate with this, as I'm pretty much making an assumption.

Well, Scrap-Iron Scarecrow is probably the best debunk I can imagine. It's oldest text is spot-on identical to Floral Shield, yet it was changed to "also, after that".
Nobleman of Crossout is another one. It's oldest text had no comma for the banishing effect, yet it was changed to "and if you do".
I'd also like to point out that Floral Shield doesn't even have a comma in its Tag Force text. I have no idea where the Wiki's text comes from.

I'll conjure some sort of critical response to this later on.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
ChicoBDA
Ace Card:
Rescue Cat
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:01 am
DysonSlinky wrote:Good catch, and we can't change it to PSCT. The card was never updated to it as its anime, and we can't change that unless the card shows up in a future video game with the PSCT, or is released irl.

I disagree. The card text in Tag Force 5 is by no means official. As long as you don't change the card effect itself, you can reword it to whatever is appropiate. If not done already: ALL anime cards should be updated to PSCT.
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
JemGryphonkin
Ace Card:
Gren Maju Da Eiza
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:42 pm
ChicoBDA wrote:
DysonSlinky wrote:Good catch, and we can't change it to PSCT. The card was never updated to it as its anime, and we can't change that unless the card shows up in a future video game with the PSCT, or is released irl.

I disagree. The card text in Tag Force 5 is by no means official. As long as you don't change the card effect itself, you can reword it to whatever is appropiate. If not done already: ALL anime cards should be updated to PSCT.

I agree with Chico on this. Maybe we can get Icefire to basically export the text of all the cards from the anime sets and post it in admin so we can go over each card? It'd be a long undertaking, but it probably needs to be done.

As long as the way the card works isnt' changed, making them consistent with newer text will solve a LOT of problems.

Return to 3rd Generation