Game Creator

BYOND:
UnknownDuelist
Ace Card:
Kuriboh
Guild:
Kuriboh
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:23 pm
Activate only if you control 2 or more "Dark Sage", "Dark Magician", "Dark Magician Girl" or "Magician of Black Chaos". Remove all monsters in your hand, Deck and Graveyard from play. Destroy all other monsters on the field.
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
JemGryphonkin
Ace Card:
Gren Maju Da Eiza
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:12 am
No Dark Magician of Chaos?
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Wolfgang DS
Ace Card:
Shooting Star Dragon
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:26 pm
Nope, 'fraid not. This is a rare occurence where we have a shot of an anime card from so early in the show that we have its text. You can find it on the Wikia.

Here's the text with Konami's new formatting.

Ragnarok
SPELL
Quick-Play Spell Card
When you control any 2 face-up "Dark Magician", "Dark Magician Girl", "Dark Sage", or "Magician of Black Chaos": Banish all cards in your hand, Deck, and Graveyard and destroy all monsters on the field except those 2.

Rulings

"Dark Magician of Chaos" is not specifically listed on this card. It cannot be counted for the activation condition, and will be destroyed when "Ragnarok" resolves.

You can activate "Ragnarok" if you control two copies of one of the listed monsters, but no copies of any of the others. So if you only have two copies of "Dark Magician" on the field, you can still activate this card.

If you control more than two of the listed monsters- i.e., you control "Dark Magician", "Dark Sage", and "Magician of Black Chaos"- then you select which two are NOT destroyed when "Ragnarok" resolves.
Last edited by Wolfgang DelaSangre on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Tri Fox
Ace Card:
Archlord Christia
Guild:
Overworld
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:39 pm
You would be able to activate it if you controlled 2 Dark Magician.

That is what the card says.
Game Creator
Game Creator

BYOND:
UnknownDuelist
Ace Card:
Kuriboh
Guild:
Kuriboh
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:04 pm
Wait where did you get that text from wolf? thats not the text I got from the translation.

EDIT: Oh thats what Wikki wrote. But they are idiots and the card didnt even say that about 2 days ago, had a bunch of crap about negating all your opponent's cards. Anyway the rough translation is as follows.

The prerogative of black clothes, black magicians, black magician girl, can trigger the body into play when two of the Magician of Black Chaos. Your deck, hand, remove all monsters of the graveyard, destroy all other monsters.

So you dont pick 2. You destroy all monsters on the field that are not listed on the card. Also you can activate it when you control 2 "Dark Magician" or 2 "Dark Magician Girl" because thats how its current text reads. Thats why I stopped and didnt post anything else because I needed to correct the wording so it can work with combinations of.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Wolfgang DS
Ace Card:
Shooting Star Dragon
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:47 pm
No, that's actually what I wrote based on what Google told me. The previous text on the Wiki said to negate your opponent's card effects and remove everything from play. Not at all what the card translates to.

There's really only two ways to interpret it, though. Either you have two copies of any one card listed, or you have two of the cards listed. I don't see how it could be both, though.

As far as combinations go, though, I'd say just go with "When you control any 2 of" and then the list. Just drop "face-up" entirely. They'd have to be face-up to check anyway.

Or probably this: "When you have any 2 of [Listed cards] face-up on your field". That might work.

Still, though. The "destroy all other monsters" bit seems like the card excludes just those two rather than just any card listed in the activation condition. I know it's an old card, but it's still a pretty specific card. If "or more" were present in the translation, I'm sure it would protect all the listed cards.
Game Creator
Game Creator

BYOND:
UnknownDuelist
Ace Card:
Kuriboh
Guild:
Kuriboh
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:32 am
Well from what I could tell (episode) and from the wording translated, to me at least, it seemed that you needed 2 of the monsters mentioned. But any 2. So two of the same, or any combination of. As long as you had two (in total) of what was listed. I am not sure how to word it to say that.

I guess I do see where you get the other part about destroying all but 2. Hmm.

Then again DM card text was lucky if it had anything about the effect on it. I remember looking at Dark Sanctuary's japanese text. I am pretty sure it just says something about a ghost on the field >.>...... helpful.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Tri Fox
Ace Card:
Archlord Christia
Guild:
Overworld
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:42 am
Ragnarok
SPELL
Quick-Play Spell Card
Activate only when you control any combination of 2 face-up "Dark Magician", "Dark Magician Girl", "Dark Sage", or "Magician of Black Chaos": Banish all cards in your hand, Deck, and Graveyard and then destroy all monsters on the field except those 2.

There.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Wolfgang DS
Ace Card:
Shooting Star Dragon
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:02 pm
Let's just go with what Fox has. It seems to work just fine.

And I'm willing to compromise and the "2 copies" thing. Updated the rulings.
Game Creator
Game Creator

BYOND:
UnknownDuelist
Ace Card:
Kuriboh
Guild:
Kuriboh
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:08 pm
Wolfgang DelaSangre wrote:And I'm willing to compromise and the "2 copies" thing.

That's good, for a moment there I thought I might have to go make my own Duel Monsters Game.

With blackjack.

And hookers.
Next

Return to 1st Generation