Game Rules

General Discussion

Forum rules

If you are new to the forum you should review the Forum Guidelines.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Dark Shane
Ace Card:
Spectral Duke Dragon
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:40 pm
ChicoBDA wrote:
Spectral Malice wrote:I'd like a rule for the game that means people can't attack you verbally, then threaten to ban you because they're power mad and abusive. (chico)

What's wrong with threatening to ban?

As long as you aren't banned for no reason by someone outside of their tournament, there is no problem.

The threatening to ban is not needed just because you have that function does not mean it's to be used as a threat
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
ChicoBDA
Ace Card:
Rescue Cat
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:05 pm
Spectral Malice wrote:
ChicoBDA wrote:
Spectral Malice wrote:I'd like a rule for the game that means people can't attack you verbally, then threaten to ban you because they're power mad and abusive. (chico)

What's wrong with threatening to ban?

As long as you aren't banned for no reason by someone outside of their tournament, there is no problem.

The threatening to ban is not needed just because you have that function does not mean it's to be used as a threat

It's not needed, yet completely legal.

Almost everyone does it all the time.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
ChicoBDA
Ace Card:
Rescue Cat
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:09 pm
I request these rules are rewritten as they leave too much interpretation to a completely retarded admin.

A definition of harassment would be a great start, because right now anyone can be banned at any time for alleged harassment.
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
Eiza Redux
Ace Card:
Devoted Love
Guild:
THEM
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:26 pm
ChicoBDA wrote:I request these rules are rewritten as they leave too much interpretation to a completely retarded admin.

A definition of harassment would be a great start, because right now anyone can be banned at any time for alleged harassment.

The blokes at Princeton wrote:a feeling of intense annoyance caused by being tormented; "so great was his harassment that he wanted to destroy his tormentors".
Kochen wrote:Nothing is becoming outdated, you're just stupid.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
ChicoBDA
Ace Card:
Rescue Cat
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:43 am
-Eiza- wrote:
ChicoBDA wrote:I request these rules are rewritten as they leave too much interpretation to a completely retarded admin.

The blokes at Princeton wrote:a feeling of intense annoyance caused by being tormented; "so great was his harassment that he wanted to destroy his tormentors".

Sounds good. Let's use it.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
ChicoBDA
Ace Card:
Rescue Cat
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:57 pm
ChicoBDA wrote:
-Eiza- wrote:

Sounds good. Let's use it.

Still waiting on OP change.
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
Eiza Redux
Ace Card:
Devoted Love
Guild:
THEM
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:52 pm
One more rule, just for Chico.

• Don't impersonate other players. Specifically, don't make your name the same as another person's. You're not fooling anyone, it's just a nuisance.
Kochen wrote:Nothing is becoming outdated, you're just stupid.
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

BYOND:
Number 9 Dyson Sphere
Ace Card:
Number 9 Dyson Sphere
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:31 pm
Can we get a better clarification as to what defines "profanity", so people can't plead ignorance?

like for example. "Negro" is spanish for black. But over here in America, its slang for black slave (or at least is assumed to be identified as such regardless of its true definition), and is just as much "profanity" as the word "******" is. (a quick google search tells me it is an offensive term, and is only really "okay" to use as a historical context). I don't necessarily agree with it, but if someone is actually offended by it, I wouldn't exactly be surprised either.

This is just an example mind you, there is probably a lot more that our filter doesn't cover either.
[20:04] Fusion Duelist - Blade: celtic is a skilled player

Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
ChicoBDA
Ace Card:
Rescue Cat
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:11 pm
-Eiza- wrote:One more rule, just for Chico.

• Don't impersonate other players. Specifically, don't make your name the same as another person's. You're not fooling anyone, it's just a nuisance.

Greatly appreciated.
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
JemGryphonkin
Ace Card:
Gren Maju Da Eiza
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:36 pm
DysonSlinky wrote:Can we get a better clarification as to what defines "profanity", so people can't plead ignorance?

like for example. "Negro" is spanish for black. But over here in America, its slang for black slave (or at least is assumed to be identified as such regardless of its true definition), and is just as much "profanity" as the word "******" is. (a quick google search tells me it is an offensive term, and is only really "okay" to use as a historical context). I don't necessarily agree with it, but if someone is actually offended by it, I wouldn't exactly be surprised either.

This is just an example mind you, there is probably a lot more that our filter doesn't cover either.

I don't agree with negro being considered profanity on par with its slang cousin.

As for the rest, I'd personally leave it to discretion and context. You know when people are saying things to try to be profane.
SwiftBlackNinjaMan wrote:Jem is an adult in every sense of the word. He does not need this game or these forums to boost his self-esteem making him entirely unbiased. He's also a sensible person.

End of first episode of Arc V should have gone like this -- "Wait, did you just summon a bunch of monsters in 1 turn?" "Yeah, so?" "Well, isn't that against the rules?" "SCREW THE RULES I MAKE UP CARD MECHANICS WITH MY PENDANT"
PreviousNext

Return to Kaiba Corporation