Ban D.D. Hangar

General Discussion

Forum rules

If you are new to the forum you should review the Forum Guidelines.

Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Grinnin_Gin
Ace Card:
Meklord Emperor Wisel
Guild:
Archlords
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:48 am
Got to 2nd place in an ST today with ABC Metalphosis. Every game I opened hangar I won in the ST because I can go into 2 Xyz (Like Tsukuyomi, which dumps hand/dead ABCs into grave for fresh draws), and then make ABC from material in grave.

Combine that with the fact that it deck thins, it sticks around afterwords as a target for a metalphosis pop n' search... Its like Instant Fusion for ABCs, only it puts the cards into play instead of into grave.

Only reason I didnt hit first place was because Will opened godly side cards like he always does, and I bricked into two terraforming + field, and no out to Anti-Spell Fragrance.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Haloking101
Ace Card:
Monster Reborn
Guild:
Ventlemen
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:00 am
Lord Gin wrote:Only reason I didnt hit first place was because Will opened godly side cards like he always does, and I bricked into two terraforming + field, and no out to Anti-Spell Fragrance.

That and you suck :lol:

Not sure if you getting 2nd place with it in one ST merit's a ban on it, but then again I am a fan of banning shit that's can be abused with minimal requirements.

Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Grinnin_Gin
Ace Card:
Meklord Emperor Wisel
Guild:
Archlords
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:45 pm
Says the guy who got ranked banned for boosting, lel.
Envoy of Infinity
Envoy of Infinity

BYOND:
Number 9 Dyson Sphere
Ace Card:
Number 9 Dyson Sphere
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:04 pm
That's not Chico Gin.
[20:04] Fusion Duelist - Blade: celtic is a skilled player

Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
RyuSamurai
Ace Card:
Shadow Ghoul
Guild:
The VCRI
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:49 pm
So you came in 2nd place in a sparsely populated local, blamed the loss on someone else like a total scrub, and now you want a card banned? Whatever you were doing wasn't enough to get past a mediocre deck like RRs so I'm wondering how what you're doing is breaking ygo.

On top of that there's no pattern of abuse for the card.
Domino Citizen
Domino Citizen
BYOND:
DAWN10
Ace Card:
Neo-Spacian Dark Panther
Guild:
TAG FORCE
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:11 pm
The card isnt broken, so, no reason for ban the card also your build is silly, who run DD Hangar without XYZ???? :lol:
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
JemGryphonkin
Ace Card:
Gren Maju Da Eiza
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:55 pm
Rosita wrote:The card isnt broken, so, no reason for ban the card also your build is silly, who run DD Hangar without XYZ???? :lol:

Someone who wants a decent deck?
SwiftBlackNinjaMan wrote:Jem is an adult in every sense of the word. He does not need this game or these forums to boost his self-esteem making him entirely unbiased. He's also a sensible person.

End of first episode of Arc V should have gone like this -- "Wait, did you just summon a bunch of monsters in 1 turn?" "Yeah, so?" "Well, isn't that against the rules?" "SCREW THE RULES I MAKE UP CARD MECHANICS WITH MY PENDANT"
Domino Citizen
Domino Citizen
BYOND:
DAWN10
Ace Card:
Neo-Spacian Dark Panther
Guild:
TAG FORCE
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:14 pm
JemGryphonkin wrote:
Rosita wrote:The card isnt broken, so, no reason for ban the card also your build is silly, who run DD Hangar without XYZ???? :lol:

Someone who wants a decent deck?

:lol:
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
Eiza Redux
Ace Card:
Devoted Love
Guild:
THEM
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:14 pm
All questions of Gin's skillz aside, Hangar does do a lot for essentially nothing, and 2nd place isn't radically different from 1st place, since this isn't 2007. It's also ill-advised to take a jab at someone who ultimately agrees with your decision, in spite of a difference of logic, since it makes you look like you don't agree with the decision, which in this thread, would be getting the card banned.

I don't know the meta, so is ABC Metalphosis (whatever that's supposed to be) a top-tier deck to begin with, or just some wonky niche thing? If it's niche, then popping it into 2nd place with one card should be a concern. If it's already consistently topping tournaments without the extra help, then it ultimately doesn't mean much.

If you really want it banned, prove the consistency of Hangar plays and how game-breaking they supposedly are, or use Hangar to turn one of Swordmaster's decks into a winning deck. Hangar does a lot of things for no real cost, but the things it does aren't immediately fucking insane, since it only lets you pick Union monsters from your deck -- not a great archetype regardless -- and it banishes them in the meantime. On top of that, non-tribute summons are basically the only thing you CAN do with them once they're out, and flooding the field is kind of the trend in YGO these days, last I checked.

tl;dr: Hangar tutors bad cards that can turn into good cards, but a bad draw will make you very, very sad. Prove that it's a consistent game-ending card, if you want a quick ban. Otherwise it's just a quirky combo card that has you running Unions.
Kochen wrote:Nothing is becoming outdated, you're just stupid.
Envoy of Infinity
Envoy of Infinity

BYOND:
Number 9 Dyson Sphere
Ace Card:
Number 9 Dyson Sphere
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:36 pm
Thats pretty much what it is Eiza.

Its a niche deck that pretty much utilizes ABC Buster Cannon, it already has solid potential with the stuff revealed a few days ago. But really, at best it was tier 3, and now its at best tier 2. Its still not strong enough to be able to compete with Fire King Kozmo, Monarchs, or Phantom Knights, as all 3 outspam Unions even with DD Hangar. The Metalphosis are pretty much just there as techs, because once Hangar resolves, its staying on the field until its destroyed, since it can't kill itself once its targets have been exhausted, so its taking up a valuable s/t slot.

The card is vastly overpowered yes, but its fucking unions guys. Unions are already massively gimmicky, and this card just makes them to be a viable deck, and helps diversify the decks DMG uses, which is a GOOD thing, especially since even with Hangar, Unions still lack compared to other cards. They aren't doing things other decks aren't capable of, as flooding the field with big Extra Deck stuff is commonplace now.

As it sits now however, the card is most definitely not ban-worthy, solely because it is Unions. Unions don't have any explosive plays, whereas Hangar gives them one. I'd maybe support a limit so that the explosive play isn't extremely common, but from what I'm seeing, the ban call is a knee-jerk reaction to Unions finally getting Konami attention they haven't received in a decade. If you want Hangar banned, a lot more data is going to be required as a single low-tier DMG tournament isn't really much evidence of anything.
[20:04] Fusion Duelist - Blade: celtic is a skilled player

Next

Return to Kaiba Corporation