Regarding NAS v. DN

General Discussion

Forum rules

If you are new to the forum you should review the Forum Guidelines.
Game Creator
Game Creator

BYOND:
UnknownDuelist
Ace Card:
Kuriboh
Guild:
Kuriboh
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:37 pm
We're fine.

BYOND doesn't promote it or show it anywhere on their site. You have to actually search for it.

There are minimal art works used that are direct from the anime etc. One or two pics but nothing like DN used (e.g all those profile pictures). There are no full music tracks used (DNs intro screen), the clips we have are 10-15 seconds max. I think that falls under fair use.

Card images, as pointed out, are not high res full quality photos. They are small 22x22 pixel squares. They aren't really recognisable.

The game doesn't generate ad revenue. DN was very naughty and had adverts.
Envoy of Infinity
Envoy of Infinity

BYOND:
Number 9 Dyson Sphere
Ace Card:
Number 9 Dyson Sphere
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:17 pm
UnknownDuelist wrote:We're fine.

BYOND doesn't promote it or show it anywhere on their site. You have to actually search for it.

There are minimal art works used that are direct from the anime etc. One or two pics but nothing like DN used (e.g all those profile pictures). There are no full music tracks used (DNs intro screen), the clips we have are 10-15 seconds max. I think that falls under fair use.

Card images, as pointed out, are not high res full quality photos. They are small 22x22 pixel squares. They aren't really recognisable.

The game doesn't generate ad revenue. DN was very naughty and had adverts.

It actually doesn't fall under fair use. It doesn't fall under education, parody, or send an alternative message (I think thats what they mean by transformative? idfk). But either way, we're small enough as to where Konami is just not going to give a f***.
[20:04] Fusion Duelist - Blade: celtic is a skilled player

Game Creator
Game Creator

BYOND:
UnknownDuelist
Ace Card:
Kuriboh
Guild:
Kuriboh
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:55 pm
I just know on YT you can use up to 30 seconds of a copyrighted song. That's what I was thinking about.

It doesn't really matter anyway. Worst case; one could simply replace the games card images with black boxs. And have the proper images as a separate download to plug-in, worst comes to worst. Hard for DN to do that since its all online.
Satellite Trash
Satellite Trash

BYOND:
Cardsy
Ace Card:
Allure of Darkness
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:57 pm
Sucks to be DN. Good time to capitalize on their losses though.

UnknownDuelist wrote:I just know on YT you can use up to 30 seconds of a copyrighted song. That's what I was thinking about.

It doesn't really matter anyway. Worst case; one could simply replace the games card images with black boxs. And have the proper images as a separate download to plug-in, worst comes to worst. Hard for DN to do that since its all online.

That's clever about the download switch.
Previous

Return to Kaiba Corporation