Anime card bans and junk

General Discussion

Forum rules

If you are new to the forum you should review the Forum Guidelines.
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
Eiza Redux
Ace Card:
Devoted Love
Guild:
THEM
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:24 am
Visser wrote:
-Eiza- wrote:Those couple of Jackpot OTK notes on the first page: I'm almost positive the combo you're thinking of requires Dark Scorpion Burglars on the opponent's field, right? Castle and Illegal Summon may help to get DSB over to the other side of the field, but neither of them actually deal with attack negation or the prevalent non-destruction Mirror Force traps that are common in the current meta. Jackpot OTK is a silly combo-heavy deck, and I can't imagine it winning a tournament, since neither Castle nor Illegal Summon will actually speed up the deck, and are only useful if you already have the things you need in hand.

Like, Fog castle (or 3 terra forming) any under 1000 monster and illegal summon can be game, if the opponent doesnt know how your deck works (and behind it being a semi-obscure strat + anime cards, it wouldnt be that uncommon)

Also, neither attack negation or none destruction removal is common in todays meta, if you look at all the recent ST tops, the only really relevant card that interrupts it in the battle phase is fog blade

Good point. Better to keep Illegal Summon @0, since it's a silly tutor card and we're in a metagame of Generic Rank 4 tutors. :?
Kochen wrote:Nothing is becoming outdated, you're just stupid.
Game Admin
Game Admin

BYOND:
Machturbo
Ace Card:
Morphing Jar
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:35 pm
Changed a handful of bans, etc. Took off Illegal Summon, added in Sniping Hazy Type-0, took off Ice Age Panic, took off Soul-Binding Gate. I think I changed something else but I can't remember if I did or not.
Game Admin
Game Admin

BYOND:
Machturbo
Ace Card:
Morphing Jar
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:58 pm
Any other changes that need to be made that I'm not aware of?
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
Visser47
Ace Card:
magical merchant
Guild:
Blue Ice
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:52 pm
Machturbo wrote:Any other changes that need to be made that I'm not aware of?

Yeah, ban Earthbound Salvation
Self proclaimed biggest fan of ultra knig of rap STG_greyfire
Game Admin
Game Admin

BYOND:
Machturbo
Ace Card:
Morphing Jar
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:55 pm
Visser wrote:

Don't really see a point.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
Visser47
Ace Card:
magical merchant
Guild:
Blue Ice
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:10 pm
Machturbo wrote:
Visser wrote:

Chicken game FTK already runs discard cards
Doing shit like, Game/Space up, Dealing/hand dest, pitch dead card + EBI, salvation back dealings/hand dest and the EBI, rinse repeat
If the decks runs the bamboo engine this is even more potent, your hand destructions become better with cursed sword, you can run foolish to trigger cursed sword and send your EBI for salvation, and then you can salvation back the golden sword for another draw 2.
Game Admin
Game Admin

BYOND:
Machturbo
Ace Card:
Morphing Jar
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:53 pm
Visser wrote:
Machturbo wrote:
Visser wrote:Yeah, ban Earthbound Salvation

Chicken game FTK already runs discard cards
Doing shit like, Game/Space up, Dealing/hand dest, pitch dead card + EBI, salvation back dealings/hand dest and the EBI, rinse repeat
If the decks runs the bamboo engine this is even more potent, your hand destructions become better with cursed sword, you can run foolish to trigger cursed sword and send your EBI for salvation, and then you can salvation back the golden sword for another draw 2.

Depending on Konami's TCG ban list, Life Equalizer should be dead. So it's only really viable for Exodia decks, and even then, you have better discard options because Trade-In and level 8s exist.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
Visser47
Ace Card:
magical merchant
Guild:
Blue Ice
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:02 am
Machturbo wrote:Depending on Konami's TCG ban list, Life Equalizer should be dead. So it's only really viable for Exodia decks, and even then, you have better discard options because Trade-In and level 8s exist.

Yeah i aint even saying its the best way to play it, it has its own issues, but, i was under the impression we banned card for giving stupid degen decks more tools
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

BYOND:
Number 9 Dyson Sphere
Ace Card:
Number 9 Dyson Sphere
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:31 am
Just because a card can help out Chicken Game, doesn't mean it has to be banned. The variant you are talking about is a very far-fetched variant, and is also extremely gimmicky in its own right. Most Chicken builds will never consider running an EBI or Salvation, and as such, there is no reason to hit it.

in terms of hits, you can't think in terms of "Oh, X deck can utilize this card". A lot of cards can be utilized by a lot of decks, and what matters is whether the decks actually are utilizing them and what kind of impact that utilization has made. Cards tend to not get banned because of a single deck unless the card has serious advantage issues in tandem with said deck.
[20:04] Fusion Duelist - Blade: celtic is a skilled player

Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
Visser47
Ace Card:
magical merchant
Guild:
Blue Ice
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:00 pm
DysonSlinky wrote:Just because a card can help out Chicken Game, doesn't mean it has to be banned. The variant you are talking about is a very far-fetched variant, and is also extremely gimmicky in its own right. Most Chicken builds will never consider running an EBI or Salvation, and as such, there is no reason to hit it.

in terms of hits, you can't think in terms of "Oh, X deck can utilize this card". A lot of cards can be utilized by a lot of decks, and what matters is whether the decks actually are utilizing them and what kind of impact that utilization has made. Cards tend to not get banned because of a single deck unless the card has serious advantage issues in tandem with said deck.

Thats fair enough if thats how DMG handles bans these days, just not how we did it say, 2 or 3 years ago
(or else half the crap on the list wouldnt be there)
PreviousNext

Return to Kaiba Corporation