Anime card bans and junk

General Discussion

Forum rules

If you are new to the forum you should review the Forum Guidelines.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
Shepardj
Ace Card:
Voltic Bicorn
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:37 pm
Any card that gets taken off the restricted list I will go out of my way to break again. They were put there for a reason.

I lost all faith in your ideas, Mach, when I saw that you wanted Volcanic Mine back. That is a card that should never be unbanned. I shouldn't be allowed to stop my opponent from playing the game for a whole turn like that.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
Ky Kiske
Ace Card:
Fire Formation - Tenki
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:39 pm
Sandaion

I will side that shit at 3 every EOMP.
くそやろ。
~ ニガスインパリス
Game Admin
Game Admin

BYOND:
Machturbo
Ace Card:
Morphing Jar
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:08 pm
Aight, I'll make changes to Sandaion, and the Water Xyz cards, as well as that wombo combo that Visser mentioned shortly.

Edit: took off Sanaion, and the Water Xyz things. As for the wombo combo with Illegal Summon, not an issue tbh. If it does become one, just ban it then.
Game Admin
Game Admin

BYOND:
Machturbo
Ace Card:
Morphing Jar
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:20 am
Visser wrote:As previously mentioned, Dracopals run rank 8, or at least one or two of them, dragons.dek is a seriously emerging deck, i mean, you literally topped the last ST with it. and, you can revive the xyz galaxy eyes and just turn it straight into dark matter using re-galaxy. It wont make galaxy a good deck, but it will make dragons.dek a much more consistent

Might as well make a slight text change to make it require non-Xyz Galaxy monsters.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
Visser47
Ace Card:
magical merchant
Guild:
Blue Ice
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:00 pm
Machturbo wrote:
Visser wrote:As previously mentioned, Dracopals run rank 8, or at least one or two of them, dragons.dek is a seriously emerging deck, i mean, you literally topped the last ST with it. and, you can revive the xyz galaxy eyes and just turn it straight into dark matter using re-galaxy. It wont make galaxy a good deck, but it will make dragons.dek a much more consistent

Might as well make a slight text change to make it require non-Xyz Galaxy monsters.

but thats not what the card does, it is used to summon an xyz
Self proclaimed biggest fan of ultra knig of rap STG_greyfire
Game Admin
Game Admin

BYOND:
Machturbo
Ace Card:
Morphing Jar
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:07 pm
Visser wrote:
Machturbo wrote:

but thats not what the card does, it is used to summon an xyz

Aight, I still don't really see it ever being an issue though. Ban it if it becomes a problem, which I highly doubt it will
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
Eiza Redux
Ace Card:
Devoted Love
Guild:
THEM
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:11 pm
Those couple of Jackpot OTK notes on the first page: I'm almost positive the combo you're thinking of requires Dark Scorpion Burglars on the opponent's field, right? Castle and Illegal Summon may help to get DSB over to the other side of the field, but neither of them actually deal with attack negation or the prevalent non-destruction Mirror Force traps that are common in the current meta. Jackpot OTK is a silly combo-heavy deck, and I can't imagine it winning a tournament, since neither Castle nor Illegal Summon will actually speed up the deck, and are only useful if you already have the things you need in hand.
Kochen wrote:Nothing is becoming outdated, you're just stupid.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
Visser47
Ace Card:
magical merchant
Guild:
Blue Ice
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:46 pm
-Eiza- wrote:Those couple of Jackpot OTK notes on the first page: I'm almost positive the combo you're thinking of requires Dark Scorpion Burglars on the opponent's field, right? Castle and Illegal Summon may help to get DSB over to the other side of the field, but neither of them actually deal with attack negation or the prevalent non-destruction Mirror Force traps that are common in the current meta. Jackpot OTK is a silly combo-heavy deck, and I can't imagine it winning a tournament, since neither Castle nor Illegal Summon will actually speed up the deck, and are only useful if you already have the things you need in hand.

Like, Fog castle (or 3 terra forming) any under 1000 monster and illegal summon can be game, if the opponent doesnt know how your deck works (and behind it being a semi-obscure strat + anime cards, it wouldnt be that uncommon)

Also, neither attack negation or none destruction removal is common in todays meta, if you look at all the recent ST tops, the only really relevant card that interrupts it in the battle phase is fog blade
Self proclaimed biggest fan of ultra knig of rap STG_greyfire
Game Admin
Game Admin

BYOND:
Machturbo
Ace Card:
Morphing Jar
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:40 pm
Release Lease @1 or banned. R3 spam doesn't need the support nor does it need the even better thinning with no downside.
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

BYOND:
Number 9 Dyson Sphere
Ace Card:
Number 9 Dyson Sphere
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:13 am
iirc, Lightning Hoverboard was banned for being a versatile means of searching boss monsters (Towers which got banned, Judgement Dragon, DAD, BLS, soon to be CED, etc. etc.)
[20:04] Fusion Duelist - Blade: celtic is a skilled player

PreviousNext

Return to Kaiba Corporation