Anime card bans and junk

General Discussion

Forum rules

If you are new to the forum you should review the Forum Guidelines.
Game Admin
Game Admin

BYOND:
Machturbo
Ace Card:
Morphing Jar
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:37 am
Current list of animu cards on each list.
Bans;
Amphibian Angel = Frog-Hael
Ashinigray
Biker Goddess Red Queen the Legendary Boss
Chaos End Ruler - Ruler of the Beginning and the End
Cup - Basokiyan
Cup - Donuno
Cup - Menrado
Destiny Hero - Dark Angel
Divine Serpent
Draw Slime
Fool Clown
Illegal Keeper
Iron Hans
Level Jar
Lightning Hoverboard
Magnet Jammer
Michion, the Timelord
Orichalcos Aristeros
Orichalcos Dexia
Performage Bonus Dealer
Performage Hurricane
Photon Sublimation
Sandaion, the Timelord
Tomato in Tomato
Wild Heart
Yomi Boat Watchman
New Orders 8 Etheric Sebek
New Orders 12 Etheric Mahes
Aetonux Flame
After Glow
Akashic Record
Altar of Restoration
Aqua Mirage
Aria from Beyond
Battle Gravity
Banish Reactor
Beckon to Darkness
Blasting Vein
Blizzard Vision
Bonfire
Blaster Cartridge
Card Exchange
Card of Adversity
Card of Spell Containment
Card of Variation
Cemetary Change
Chaos Field
Chaos Mad Feast
Crazy Summon Gear
Curry Pot
Dark Wall of Wind
Dark World Corridor
Destiny Activator
Deepest Impact
Destroyed Future
Depth Eruption
Doll Hammer
Don Thousand's Contract
Double-Rank-Up-Magic Utopia Force
Dragon Heart
Drawber
Ecole de Zone
Effect Shut
Energy Drain
Equivalent Exchange
Erosion Hand Forest
Exchange Guard Robe
Flying Dragon Whirl
Fusion Trench
Giant Flood
Goddess Skuld's Oracle
Goddess Urd's Verdict
Grave Arm
Hand Control
Hologram Projection
Ice Age Panic
Icicle Sacrifice
Illegal Summon
Illusion Gate
Imprisonment Mirror
Iron Draw
Labyrinth of Decision
Living Fossil
Junk Dealer
Kabuki Stage - The Rough Seas
Land of Frozen Flames
Magical Alms
Magical Pendulum Box
Mask of Impregnability
Mischief of the Time Goddess
Negative Energy
Negative Energy Generator
Nibelung's Treasure
Numeron Direct
Orichalcum Chain
Overlay Satellite
Overlay World
Palenque Sarcophags
Passing of the Prime Dragon
Photon Hurricane
Planet alighment
Pooch Party
Psychic Cyclone
Pump Up
Quick Rush
Rank-Up-Magic Dark Force
Raidraptor - Sanctuary
Re-Galaxy
Re-Xyz
Revenge Sacrifice
Roll of Fate
Royal Castle of the Mist
Scrap Fusion
Shark Spark
Seven Store
Slash Draw
Spell Sanctuary
Split Defender
Spy Hero
Stage Select
Subspatial Battle
Surprise Attack from Beyond
Tachyon Refresh
Take Over 5
The Pillager
The Undecided One
Treasure of the Buried Spells
Triangle Evolution
Triangle Gimmick Box
Toy Robot Box
Underwater Snow Prison
Underworld Cirle
Water of Life
White Night Fort
Wing Requital
Xyz Plant
Xyz Treasure
Back Attack Ambush
Card of Last Will
Corkscrew Counter
Cross Heart
Cursed Prison
Damage Interest
Dark Contract Renegotiation
Deck Destruction Virus
Dimension U-Turn
Doom's Ray
Draw Paradox
Draw Reset Battle
Drowsing Point
Elegant Light LV4
Evil 1
Fake Friendship Treaty
Fire Trap
Fleur de Vertige
Fortress of Prophecy
Freezing Dance
Gachi Battle!
Gestalt Drop
Heraldry Burst
Hero Call
Insightful Card of Reversal
Jurassic Impact
Life Force
Life Shaver
Mirror of Duality
Misdirection Wing
Narrow Tunnel
Natural Selection
Parasite Worm
Pinpoint Shot
Power Balance
Prophecy
Purse with a Hole
Raidraptor = Target Flag
Rebirth Tablet
Ring of Life
Scrap-Iron Barricade
Scrap-Iron Pitfall
Shining Reborn
Slime Ball
Spell-Absorbing Lamp
Superficial Peace
Take One Chance
The Fools ruling
The High Priestess's Staff
Traitor Fog
Trap Trip
Unfair Treaty
Volcanic Mine
Xyz Discharge
Zero Void

Limited;
Clone Dragon
Necro Sacrifice
Orichalcos Gigas
Orichalcos Kyutora
Valkyrie Zwei
Number 4: Stealth Kragen the Deady Poisonous Jellyfish
Stealth Kragen Ephyra
Amazing Pendulum
Aqua Gate
Armor Ninjutsu Art of Revival
Awakening from Beyond
Card from a Different Dimension
Card Loan
Chaos Tempest Draw
Circle of Terror
Counterbalance
Double Arms
Fallout
Final Light
Fire Recovery
Flaming Barbed Wire
Frog Resurrection
Gingerbread House
Glory Shield
Gold Moon Coin
Infernalvania
Lost Paradise
Nibelung's Ring
Piri Reis Map
Prism Wall
Scrap and Build
Soul-Binding Gate
Spinning Wheel Spindle
Stonehenge
Suit of Sword X
Volcanic Wall
White Veil
Attack Guidance Armor
Basara
Bye Bye Damage
Celebration of Creation
Dimesion Equilibrium
Direct Border
Dynamite Wall
Guard Off
Last Question
Necro Xyz
Raidraptor - Desperate

Semi-Limited;
Emperor's Staff
Return Damage

Also, clean up the copies please. Michion, Sandion, Ice Age Panic, Raidraptor - Sanctuary, Life Shaver are all on the limited and banned lists, Qliphort Scout is on limited and semi-limited lists. An extra "relay soul" is also on the list for w/e reason. Blasting Vein and Bonfire are on banned and semi-limited.

Post below will have edits to the list.
Game Admin
Game Admin

BYOND:
Machturbo
Ace Card:
Morphing Jar
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:43 am
Move these;
From banned;
Ashinigray @1 or leave it where it is
Lightning Hoverboard @1, could argue @3 unless there's something I'm not aware of
Magnet Jammer @1 lol Grand Mole
Orichalcos Aristeros @1
Orichalcos Dexia @3
Tomato in Tomato @3, poop card with only 2 poop targets to Xyz into
New Orders 8 Etheric Sebek @1 not really that OP
Beckon to Darkness @3
Battle Gravity @3 only deck I can see actually abusing it is DDD
Bonfire @1
Curry Pot @1
Dark Wall of Wind @1
Dark World Corridor @1/3, I'm fine with wherever it ends up. With the way YGO is, @3 won't matter. @1 would be just because of Exodia/Magical Explosion
Grave Arm @3 same boat as Beckon. Not really worth it when you have access to Raigeki/Dark Hole/other mass sweeping cards
Hand Control @3 shit card is shit
Icicle Sacrifice @1, you could argue for @3 if you want.
Magical Alms @1, don't really see it doing anything, you could put @3 if you want
Mask of Impregnability @1, same as Dark Wall of Wind
Numeron Direct @1
Overlay World @1
Planet Alignment @3 lol I mean really.
Pooch Party @3 don't really see why. If broken wombo combo @1
Psychic Cyclone @1, MST with a risk
Revenge Sacrifice @1 could argue for @3
Royal Castle of the Mist @3, Eiza can't abuse it anymore like he did lol RIP Sangan :(
Toy Robot Box @1
Dimension U-Turn @1, a less restrictive Escape from the Different Dimension. You could possibly put @2 or 3
Misdirection Wing @1, seems rather tame tbh
Ring of Life @1, a reverse Ring of Destruction lol
Scrap-Iron Barricade @1
Trap Trip @3, it's Mask of Darkness all over again

From limited;
Necro Sacrifice, Ban. Make sure people can't abuse this with Monarchs.
Orichalcos Gigas, Ban. Or make it a "Once/Twice per turn effect" @3 then
Valkyrie Zwei @3
Aqua Gate @3
Card Loan, I'd prefer a ban.
Double Arms @3. Do people still run burn effects?
Piri Reis Map, Ban. f*** Royal Magical Library. Not to mention Deep-Eyes loves this.
Prism Wall @3, don't really see why it's @1.
Scrap and Build, Ban. R3 spam doesn't need more support.
Spinning Wheel Spindle @3, it's bad
Dynamite Wall @3, pretty shitty card
Guard Off @3

From semi-limited
Emperor's Staff @3, bad card is bad

From unlimited;
Release Lease, ban. @1 if you insist but I'd urge you to ban. 1 card Xyz that thins your deck for the most part.
Sniping Hazy Type-0, ban. You can make it @1 but there is literally no downside to run this in synchro heavy decks. Not to mention it's pretty much only ran @1.
Last edited by Machturbo on Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Yay for updating
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
Eiza Redux
Ace Card:
Devoted Love
Guild:
THEM
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:52 pm
Thank you for going through the list and re-evaluating it for the current metagame. Counterbalance isn't actually abusable @1 because it's @1, because the decks that would love it the most are decks that already self-mill, and you're more likely to mill Counterbalance than to actually play it. It's still a silly card, though, so do what you will with that.

I thought the big draw of Nibelung's Ring wasn't that your opponent got free cards, but that it auto-kills any monsters they draw in the draw phase?

Thank you for Spinning Wheel Spindle, because it only ever had niche use against certain bastards that couldn't be destroyed. Thank you for Fallout, my Spell Striker Tier 8 deck will be a slightly more cohesive Tier 6 deck. RIP Necro Sacrifice, you used to be cool until Monarchs came back with attitude.

Thank you for Emperor's Staff, it has its uses against decks that clear the field every turn with effects and not much else. I like it for low-tier field combo decks that fall apart as soon as the opponent draws a Typhoon, so having a third copy will make those slightly more reliable.

Honestly, the decks that would run Aetonyx Flame would have no problem with either wording, "Destroy all face-up monsters you control other than FIRE Fiend-Type monsters" to summon from the graveyard would suit them well in this sad alternate reality where Rekindling is not at @3, and there are other options to clear the field of monsters in this meta.

I'm not certain unbanning Lightning Hoverboard is wise, considering the recent push for old high level monster support. Specifically, Dark Magician comes to mind. Otherwise, I could think of a handful of silly things it could do. It fetches god cards and stuff. I guess you could give it the "unban it until it wins a tournament" treatment, though.

I'm almost positive that there is another card in the game with nearly the exact effect of Double Arms, and it's not limited. Its best applications are in combo-heavy decks, and the spell is garbage if you don't have the monster to use it on.

Volcanic Mine got banned because it was an easy way to block off the opponent's field. Even at 1, I'd run it in every deck. Probably shouldn't unban it.

Battle Gravity is a potent burn card, since it affects the turn player, and not just the player who controls Battle Gravity. Combine it with any kind of attack prevention and it's guaranteed to go off. It should stay banned.

The biggest upside to Pooch Party is the tokens have no summoning restrictions tied to them. Earthbound Immortals will certainly like them, Monarchs already have their preferred tribute fodder so it doesn't faze them at all. @3 should be fine.

Oh, and thank you undoing Wolfgang's shitty error.

But seriously, thanks.
Kochen wrote:Nothing is becoming outdated, you're just stupid.
Game Admin
Game Admin

BYOND:
Machturbo
Ace Card:
Morphing Jar
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:57 pm
-Eiza- wrote:Thank you for going through the list and re-evaluating it for the current metagame. Counterbalance isn't actually abusable @1 because it's @1, because the decks that would love it the most are decks that already self-mill, and you're more likely to mill Counterbalance than to actually play it. It's still a silly card, though, so do what you will with that.

I thought the big draw of Nibelung's Ring wasn't that your opponent got free cards, but that it auto-kills any monsters they draw in the draw phase?

Thank you for Spinning Wheel Spindle, because it only ever had niche use against certain bastards that couldn't be destroyed. Thank you for Fallout, my Spell Striker Tier 8 deck will be a slightly more cohesive Tier 6 deck. RIP Necro Sacrifice, you used to be cool until Monarchs came back with attitude.

Thank you for Emperor's Staff, it has its uses against decks that clear the field every turn with effects and not much else. I like it for low-tier field combo decks that fall apart as soon as the opponent draws a Typhoon, so having a third copy will make those slightly more reliable.

Honestly, the decks that would run Aetonyx Flame would have no problem with either wording, "Destroy all face-up monsters you control other than FIRE Fiend-Type monsters" to summon from the graveyard would suit them well in this sad alternate reality where Rekindling is not at @3, and there are other options to clear the field of monsters in this meta.

I'm not certain unbanning Lightning Hoverboard is wise, considering the recent push for old high level monster support. Specifically, Dark Magician comes to mind. Otherwise, I could think of a handful of silly things it could do. It fetches god cards and stuff. I guess you could give it the "unban it until it wins a tournament" treatment, though.

I'm almost positive that there is another card in the game with nearly the exact effect of Double Arms, and it's not limited. Its best applications are in combo-heavy decks, and the spell is garbage if you don't have the monster to use it on.

Volcanic Mine got banned because it was an easy way to block off the opponent's field. Even at 1, I'd run it in every deck. Probably shouldn't unban it.

Battle Gravity is a potent burn card, since it affects the turn player, and not just the player who controls Battle Gravity. Combine it with any kind of attack prevention and it's guaranteed to go off. It should stay banned.

The biggest upside to Pooch Party is the tokens have no summoning restrictions tied to them. Earthbound Immortals will certainly like them, Monarchs already have their preferred tribute fodder so it doesn't faze them at all. @3 should be fine.

But seriously, thanks.

I'm not a fan of cards that benefit decks that can be like "oh i have 1 monster, lemme top deck this card and xyz to make plays for days"

Nibelung's Ring does do that, but with how so many decks that now use the graveyard and how MST and all it's different incarnations are abundant everywhere, I don't see it as an issue.

Ikr? Wheel is not worth the effort anymore as cards are like "hey grave? cool more effects." Fallout @1 was literally a "why lol" card. The Mirror Force army and other cards make quick work of it. Yeah, I'm really surprised people don't abuse Necro Sacrifice already lol.

I never really understood Emperor's Staff being hit at all. You give your opponent a card and you protect a couple cards.

The problem I see with Aetonyx Flame is that it can be splashed in any and all Fire/Fiend decks. That's BA, Fire Fist, Fire King, and various others. So @1 with limiting it to the player using it's side of the field is fair, plus no BP gives the opposing player a chance to rebuttal. That's really the only way I could see it coming back, unless Konami drops a new OP Fire and/or Fiend deck. (I wouldn't be surprised)

Most decks now can just do in-house search or floating. BEWD has the Stone duo. DM, has Illusion Magic, the Ebon Xyz, and various S/Ts to fish it. Monarchs have Monarchs. Gods have Mound. Red-Eyes has Stone and a few ways to just spam anyway, so most of the decks that would benefit lose their normal summon for a search. I don't really see an argument for it to be banned or @1 tbh.

Illegal Business Practice is the card you're thinking of, and it has the same effect, and is @3.

Mine, @1 seems like it'd be fine, as you could just tribute the tokens. Maybe a added clause of "this card can only be activated during Main Phase 1" would make it fit better, as it'd give the option to use turn player priority to your advantage and summon a tuner and laugh at free materials. At least in the current meta, losing a turn of summons doesn't do much because Pendulums, Dark Hole, and Synchros are around.

Battle Gravity is pretty tame now, not many cards really stop attacks that are even used.

I'd say @3 would be fine, but it's easy Synchro material.

But no problem, I had nothing better to do @11pm so I figured, why not give 3+ hours of time to the game when I've played since forever.
Satellite Trash
Satellite Trash
BYOND:
Kayoto
Ace Card:
Mystical Space Typhoon
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:03 pm
Add anime pot of greed. It's effect should be "When this card is activated, you must explain to your opponent what pot of greed does and then you draw 2 cards. If you don't tell your opponent what pot of greed does you do not draw"
Domino Citizen
Domino Citizen
BYOND:
DAWN10
Ace Card:
Neo-Spacian Dark Panther
Guild:
TAG FORCE
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:32 pm
Divine Serpent should stay banned, kuriboh have a card that copy the ATK of a monster in the graveyard.

I want to know why Ninjitsu Art of Revival is limited, because is a monster reborn? because white dragon ninja?.
Game Admin
Game Admin

BYOND:
Machturbo
Ace Card:
Morphing Jar
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:41 pm
Rosita wrote:Divine Serpent should stay banned, kuriboh have a card that copy the ATK of a monster in the graveyard.

I want to know why Ninjitsu Art of Revival is limited, because is a monster reborn? because white dragon ninja?.

Right, forgot about that. I'll change that.

Because generic revival with no cost and decent targets.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
Visser47
Ace Card:
magical merchant
Guild:
Blue Ice
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:47 pm
Machturbo wrote:Move these;
From banned;
Sandaion, the Timelord @3, oh no -2000 lol
This probably isnt a good idea, awful in most decks, this card is VERY good in burn decks, dealing with 1/4 of your opponent and cutting off their next battle phase
I'm against this although i can see the reasoning for putting it to 1, it would easily be a top tier rank 8
Aetonyx Flame - @1, @3 if you change the effect to "Destroy all face-up monsters you control"
My main worry here would be infernoids, idk how relevant dekatron is though. Also the issue with that errata is that thats literally not what the card does, it worked different in the anime
Aqua Mirage @1
Blizzard Vision @1
Both of these are pretty risky if you ask me, insta-rank 7 with megalo, and pretty much any rank on top of that. Also dinoster
Illegal Summon @1
this card makes jackpot F/OTK waaay more consistent
Illusion Gate @1, slight change to the text "Destroy all monsters on your opponent's side of the field; then, select 1 monster-- etc". Do X so you can do Y.
not so much a qualm with the card as, your PSCT is messed up here, having "Destroy all monsters on your oppoentns side of the field" before the semi colon makes it a cost, and you cant use your oppoentns cards for a cost
Re-Galaxy @1
bad idea probably, makes dropping dark matter way easier and that cards problematic in of itself
Royal Castle of the Mist @3, Eiza can't abuse it anymore like he did lol RIP Sangan :(
This card also makes Jackpot FTK much more consistent
if this is your only set, and you only have one monster > negate everything is not healthy card design
Scrap-Iron Barricade @1
:)
Volcanic Mine @1
agree with Eiza, these days even the potential to just skip your opponents turn is very very good

Also, Aetonyx Flame is Fire/fiends, so it doesnt work with fire fist and the like

Edit: the rest seems cool except soul binding gate iirc that was banned bc of a silly combo
Self proclaimed biggest fan of ultra knig of rap STG_greyfire
Game Admin
Game Admin

BYOND:
Machturbo
Ace Card:
Morphing Jar
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:54 pm
Visser wrote:
Machturbo wrote:Move these;
From banned;
Sandaion, the Timelord @3, oh no -2000 lol
This probably isnt a good idea, awful in most decks, this card is VERY good in burn decks, dealing with 1/4 of your opponent and cutting off their next battle phase
I'm against this although i can see the reasoning for putting it to 1, it would easily be a top tier rank 8
Aetonyx Flame - @1, @3 if you change the effect to "Destroy all face-up monsters you control"
My main worry here would be infernoids, idk how relevant dekatron is though. Also the issue with that errata is that thats literally not what the card does, it worked different in the anime
Aqua Mirage @1
Blizzard Vision @1
Both of these are pretty risky if you ask me, insta-rank 7 with megalo, and pretty much any rank on top of that. Also dinoster
Illegal Summon @1
this card makes jackpot F/OTK waaay more consistent
Illusion Gate @1, slight change to the text "Destroy all monsters on your opponent's side of the field; then, select 1 monster-- etc". Do X so you can do Y.
not so much a qualm with the card as, your PSCT is messed up here, having "Destroy all monsters on your oppoentns side of the field" before the semi colon makes it a cost, and you cant use your oppoentns cards for a cost
Re-Galaxy @1
bad idea probably, makes dropping dark matter way easier and that cards problematic in of itself
This card also makes Jackpot FTK much more consistent
if this is your only set, and you only have one monster > negate everything is not healthy card design
Scrap-Iron Barricade @1
:)
Volcanic Mine @1
agree with Eiza, these days even the potential to just skip your opponents turn is very very good

Also, Aetonyx Flame is Fire/fiends, so it doesnt work with fire fist and the like

Edit: the rest seems cool except soul binding gate iirc that was banned bc of a silly combo

Aetonyx is Fire or Fiend-Type monsters. And I agree that it's different, but it's a small change and actually lets the card see play. (Psychic Armor Head got changed.) The slight bit just puts it more in line with how real cards operate. With Infernoids, they don't really care to have monsters on the field, just in the grave.

I don't follow on the Dinoster point.

How? Morphing Jar duo is banned and the only real way is Dark Scorpion.

Oh? I was tired. lol "Destroy all monsters on your opponent's side of the field, and if you do, select 1 monster in your opponent's Graveyard and Special Summon it to your side of the field, ignoring the Summoning conditions" would be the correct text.

Eh, you're implying that Galaxy actually a relevant deck.

How?

It's really not good.

@Sandaion, there's plenty of cards that can easily get around it and not care, that are in the meta now. Castel just has a laugh.

Not many decks even use rank 8, BEWD.dek and Galaxy is really the only two that come to mind.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
Visser47
Ace Card:
magical merchant
Guild:
Blue Ice
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:27 pm
Oh sorry, I was reading from the ygopedia text, and since it was used on Gorlag in the anime, i just assumed that text was correct

Dracopals already run rank 8s, Aqua Mirage and Blizzard Vision let them make them easier, not to mention giving mermails access to rank 7s easier, or any other rank they wanna play.

Illegal summon drops Dark Scorpion burglars to your opponents field, then you just gotta set up 3 attacks at under 1000 attack for game, and with fog castle you only need 1 monster under 1000 if they drop it in attack/you shein spy it cuz you can just keep attack with the same one into it

As previously mentioned, Dracopals run rank 8, or at least one or two of them, dragons.dek is a seriously emerging deck, i mean, you literally topped the last ST with it. and, you can revive the xyz galaxy eyes and just turn it straight into dark matter using re-galaxy. It wont make galaxy a good deck, but it will make dragons.dek a much more consistent

And, for Misdirection wings, I'll take your word for it, but i wouldnt turst it =v

Im actually at lost for how you think Sandaion is healthy. Its basically a guaranteed monster kill, bc not a huge number of traps are ran that deal with it, then 2000 damage, then your opponent needs to have specific removal for it, or be able to make castel to spin it. And, reminder that a card has a counter doesn't make it good for the game, i mean, CEDEOTE is outed by solemn strike and everyone plays that, lets unban it

(edited to reflect my lack of understanding of current events)
Self proclaimed biggest fan of ultra knig of rap STG_greyfire
Next

Return to Kaiba Corporation