The removal of my board mod

General Discussion

Forum rules

If you are new to the forum you should review the Forum Guidelines.
User avatar
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Posts: 2302
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:10 am
Location: Texas
BYOND:
Star Eclipse
Ace Card:
Rallis the Star Bird
Guild:
Blue Ice
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:54 pm
Was unjust. You can't silence the drums of revolution.
Image
User avatar
Game Admin
Game Admin
Posts: 2764
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:02 am
Location: The Different Dimension
BYOND:
JemGryphonkin
Ace Card:
Gren Maju Da Eiza
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:03 pm
You can with a flamethrower.
SwiftBlackNinjaMan wrote:Jem is an adult in every sense of the word. He does not need this game or these forums to boost his self-esteem making him entirely unbiased. He's also a sensible person.

End of first episode of Arc V should have gone like this -- "Wait, did you just summon a bunch of monsters in 1 turn?" "Yeah, so?" "Well, isn't that against the rules?" "SCREW THE RULES I MAKE UP CARD MECHANICS WITH MY PENDANT"
User avatar
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Posts: 2302
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:10 am
Location: Texas
BYOND:
Star Eclipse
Ace Card:
Rallis the Star Bird
Guild:
Blue Ice
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:46 pm
And Slinky's wrongfully editing tournament posts already. Good job, Swift.
Image
User avatar
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:20 am

BYOND:
Ky Kiske
Ace Card:
Fire Formation - Tenki
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:41 pm
Not to take sides here, but Slinky's forum mod was super uncalled for.

He has a history of using verbs to settle disputes and cannot argue to save his own life, why would you even give a mod to that kind of person?
くそやろ。
~ ニガスインパリス
User avatar
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:32 am
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
BYOND:
Haloking101
Ace Card:
Monster Reborn
Guild:
Ventlemen
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:40 pm
Exest wrote:Not to take sides here, but Slinky's forum mod was super uncalled for.

He has a history of using verbs to settle disputes and cannot argue to save his own life, why would you even give a mod to that kind of person?

^

I may have never been a fan of Eclipse being a Forum Mod (and I'm still not), but to get rid of him and then hire DysonSlinky is laughable, especially if you're going to keep Sarah whose done jack and shit for a good year at least.

Then again, this decision came from the same person who said that these are our only forum rules worth penalizing over:
SwiftBlackNinjaMan wrote:-Posting pornography/borderline pornographic material
-Spamming
-Going out of his way to post personal information


Get off your biased high horse and start actually doing your job for once. Not sure why you're still here if all you're gonna do is make shitty staff decisions and pick and choose what rules you're going to enforce.

Head Admin
Head Admin
Posts: 2597
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:26 pm

BYOND:
SwiftBlackNinjaMan
Ace Card:
Catapult Turtle
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:21 pm
Nah. You read Tony's "fanfics" and did nothing and actively encouraged users to violate other rules. I think Machturbo and Slinky are better choices.

18 Jan, 15:18:45 Eclipse (Star Eclipse) Announce "Stop trying to moderate this like it's a real board and using ban for childish reasons. Nobody even fucking posts here. We peak at like 7 users online at a time. I'd get if he was continually posting personal info or a spambot, but for this? Come on." <br><br><br> Howdy, all DMG players, I'd like to point out to all of you, per your Head Admin SwiftBlackNinjaMan, the forums will NOT be moderated anymore. If you would like to post whatever you would like, you are free to (except for spamming or personal information, of course!) We're glad to have you on our lovely game. Join us on the UNMODERATED (mostly) forums at http://www.forums.duelmonstersgenesis.info/


18 Jan, 14:58:53 Eclipse (Star Eclipse) Announce 17 Jan, 18:17:15 Swift (SwiftBlackNinjaMan) Filter Added "deez nutz" <br><br> Can you feel, the salt tonight....?~~
18 Jan, 15:02:43 Eclipse (Star Eclipse) Announce "Stop trying to moderate this like it's a real board and using ban for childish reasons. Nobody even fucking posts here. We peak at like 7 users online at a time. I'd get if he was continually posting personal info or a spambot, but for this? Come on." <br><br><br> Howdy, all DMG players, I'd like to point out to all of you, per your Head Admin SwiftBlackNinjaMan, the forums will NOT be moderated anymore. If you would like to post whatever you would like, you are free to (except for spamming or personal information, of course!) We're glad to have you on our lovely game. :)
18 Jan, 15:05:25 Eclipse (Star Eclipse) Announce WARNING! If you play The Sky Is Falling on BYOND, be careful of playing with our Head Admin, SwiftBlackNinjaMan. He enjoys spamming the n-word and talking about racial politics and slandering. Just a warning so our community does not have to deal with that nonsense. Thanks!
18 Jan, 15:09:59 Eclipse (Star Eclipse) Announce deez <br> nutz
18 Jan, 15:18:45 Eclipse (Star Eclipse) Announce "Stop trying to moderate this like it's a real board and using ban for childish reasons. Nobody even fucking posts here. We peak at like 7 users online at a time. I'd get if he was continually posting personal info or a spambot, but for this? Come on." <br><br><br> Howdy, all DMG players, I'd like to point out to all of you, per your Head Admin SwiftBlackNinjaMan, the forums will NOT be moderated anymore. If you would like to post whatever you would like, you are free to (except for spamming or personal information, of course!) We're glad to have you on our lovely game. Join us on the UNMODERATED (mostly) forums at http://www.forums.duelmonstersgenesis.info/

18 Jan, 19:27:23 Eclipse (Star Eclipse) Announce Welcome your new forum mod: Slinky! We now have more moderation for a forum with only 2 rules!

18 Jan, 19:45:12 Eclipse (Star Eclipse) Announce deez nutz
User avatar
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Posts: 2302
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:10 am
Location: Texas
BYOND:
Star Eclipse
Ace Card:
Rallis the Star Bird
Guild:
Blue Ice
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:06 am
You mean all 2 rules? Lol. And Mach's already an admin, sooooo, board mod is stupid for him. But then again, so are you, Pdubz.
Image
User avatar
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:20 am

BYOND:
Ky Kiske
Ace Card:
Fire Formation - Tenki
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:09 am
SwiftBlackNinjaMan wrote:Nah. You read Tony's "fanfics" and did nothing and actively encouraged users to violate other rules. I think Machturbo and Slinky are better choices.


It's funny to hear you backpedaling after saying we do not need to moderate the board since it's dead. Mach already had the administrative priviliges, so the only reason you would give him a forum mod is to attempt to emphasize some non-existant point. Everyone has lost count how much stupidity Slinky spews, that's a real good reason to promote him. Considering your history of telling people to deal with harassment and being told to kill themselves, you need to get some thicker skin, pal.


I mean, this was a bad joke since Chico put Peru's real name into a thread title and that, for some reason, is less of a violation than a satire of how truly shitty moderation here is. I guess if I disclose your name and you get a 100 pizzas later, I am gonna be free of repricussions by that logic.

Your dependency on drama from this game stopped being funny ages ago. At least admit you are doing this for lulz, you just look stupid at this point in time, trying to make it seem like you actually have a validated reason.
くそやろ。
~ ニガスインパリス
User avatar
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:32 am
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
BYOND:
Haloking101
Ace Card:
Monster Reborn
Guild:
Ventlemen
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:31 am
SwiftBlackNinjaMan wrote:Nah. You read Tony's "fanfics" and did nothing and actively encouraged users to violate other rules. I think Machturbo and Slinky are better choices.

18 Jan, 15:18:45 Eclipse (Star Eclipse) Announce "Stop trying to moderate this like it's a real board and using ban for childish reasons. Nobody even fucking posts here. We peak at like 7 users online at a time. I'd get if he was continually posting personal info or a spambot, but for this? Come on." <br><br><br> Howdy, all DMG players, I'd like to point out to all of you, per your Head Admin SwiftBlackNinjaMan, the forums will NOT be moderated anymore. If you would like to post whatever you would like, you are free to (except for spamming or personal information, of course!) We're glad to have you on our lovely game. Join us on the UNMODERATED (mostly) forums at http://www.forums.duelmonstersgenesis.info/


18 Jan, 14:58:53 Eclipse (Star Eclipse) Announce 17 Jan, 18:17:15 Swift (SwiftBlackNinjaMan) Filter Added "deez nutz" <br><br> Can you feel, the salt tonight....?~~
18 Jan, 15:02:43 Eclipse (Star Eclipse) Announce "Stop trying to moderate this like it's a real board and using ban for childish reasons. Nobody even fucking posts here. We peak at like 7 users online at a time. I'd get if he was continually posting personal info or a spambot, but for this? Come on." <br><br><br> Howdy, all DMG players, I'd like to point out to all of you, per your Head Admin SwiftBlackNinjaMan, the forums will NOT be moderated anymore. If you would like to post whatever you would like, you are free to (except for spamming or personal information, of course!) We're glad to have you on our lovely game. :)
18 Jan, 15:05:25 Eclipse (Star Eclipse) Announce WARNING! If you play The Sky Is Falling on BYOND, be careful of playing with our Head Admin, SwiftBlackNinjaMan. He enjoys spamming the n-word and talking about racial politics and slandering. Just a warning so our community does not have to deal with that nonsense. Thanks!
18 Jan, 15:09:59 Eclipse (Star Eclipse) Announce deez <br> nutz
18 Jan, 15:18:45 Eclipse (Star Eclipse) Announce "Stop trying to moderate this like it's a real board and using ban for childish reasons. Nobody even fucking posts here. We peak at like 7 users online at a time. I'd get if he was continually posting personal info or a spambot, but for this? Come on." <br><br><br> Howdy, all DMG players, I'd like to point out to all of you, per your Head Admin SwiftBlackNinjaMan, the forums will NOT be moderated anymore. If you would like to post whatever you would like, you are free to (except for spamming or personal information, of course!) We're glad to have you on our lovely game. Join us on the UNMODERATED (mostly) forums at http://www.forums.duelmonstersgenesis.info/

18 Jan, 19:27:23 Eclipse (Star Eclipse) Announce Welcome your new forum mod: Slinky! We now have more moderation for a forum with only 2 rules!

18 Jan, 19:45:12 Eclipse (Star Eclipse) Announce deez nutz

Aww... Did Eclipse hurt you feelers?

Here's a box of tissues for you: Image

All he was doing was informing the community of your behavior during TSIF and of the rules you yourself claim you only give a shit about. If that's grounds for removing someone from a staff position (that I didn't agree with initially, but still think it's a bullshit reason to remove them), then I worry about anyone here ever having an opinion you disagree with. Hell, I'm surprised you haven't forum banned every single poster in this thread already.

Since you ignored my previous post I'm going to repost it:
United wrote:
Exest wrote:Not to take sides here, but Slinky's forum mod was super uncalled for.

He has a history of using verbs to settle disputes and cannot argue to save his own life, why would you even give a mod to that kind of person?

^

I may have never been a fan of Eclipse being a Forum Mod (and I'm still not), but to get rid of him and then hire DysonSlinky is laughable, especially if you're going to keep Sarah whose done jack and shit for a good year at least.

Then again, this decision came from the same person who said that these are our only forum rules worth penalizing over:
SwiftBlackNinjaMan wrote:-Posting pornography/borderline pornographic material
-Spamming
-Going out of his way to post personal information


Get off your biased high horse and start actually doing your job for once. Not sure why you're still here if all you're gonna do is make shitty staff decisions and pick and choose what rules you're going to enforce.


EDIT: Also:
Exest wrote:
SwiftBlackNinjaMan wrote:Nah. You read Tony's "fanfics" and did nothing and actively encouraged users to violate other rules. I think Machturbo and Slinky are better choices.


It's funny to hear you backpedaling after saying we do not need to moderate the board since it's dead. Mach already had the administrative priviliges, so the only reason you would give him a forum mod is to attempt to emphasize some non-existant point. Everyone has lost count how much stupidity Slinky spews, that's a real good reason to promote him. Considering your history of telling people to deal with harassment and being told to kill themselves, you need to get some thicker skin, pal.

Your dependency on drama from this game stopped being funny ages ago. At least admit you are doing this for lulz, you just look stupid at this point in time, trying to make it seem like you actually have a validated reason.


^

Fucking Christ. I've had to agree with Ky and Chico in the same few months. What is this game coming to?

Head Admin
Head Admin
Posts: 2597
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:26 pm

BYOND:
SwiftBlackNinjaMan
Ace Card:
Catapult Turtle
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:35 am
Exest wrote:
SwiftBlackNinjaMan wrote:Nah. You read Tony's "fanfics" and did nothing and actively encouraged users to violate other rules. I think Machturbo and Slinky are better choices.


It's funny to hear you backpedaling after saying we do not need to moderate the board since it's dead. Mach already had the administrative priviliges, so the only reason you would give him a forum mod is to attempt to emphasize some non-existant point. Everyone has lost count how much stupidity Slinky spews, that's a real good reason to promote him. Considering your history of telling people to deal with harassment and being told to kill themselves, you need to get some thicker skin, pal.


I mean, this was a bad joke since Chico put Peru's real name into a thread title and that, for some reason, is less of a violation than a satire of how truly shitty moderation here is. I guess if I disclose your name and you get a 100 pizzas later, I am gonna be free of repricussions by that logic.

Your dependency on drama from this game stopped being funny ages ago. At least admit you are doing this for lulz, you just look stupid at this point in time, trying to make it seem like you actually have a validated reason.


Pretty much common sense to take word porn off the boards. Not going to let you try and avoid the issue of what Tony posted. Eclipse read it. Not only did he not delete it, he openly encouraged people to post this type of material. Hestaked his mod status on Tony's filth -after- reading it. He was fired as a result. There was no excuse for that at all. Adios.


United wrote:Aww... Did Eclipse hurt you feelers?


All he was doing was informing the community of your behavior during TSIF and of the rules you yourself claim you only give a shit about. If that's grounds for removing someone from a staff position (that I didn't agree with initially, but still think it's a bullshit reason to remove them), then I worry about anyone here ever having an opinion you disagree with. Hell, I'm surprised you haven't forum banned every single poster in this thread already.

I may have never been a fan of Eclipse being a Forum Mod (and I'm still not), but to get rid of him and then hire DysonSlinky is laughable, especially if you're going to keep Sarah whose done jack and shit for a good year at least.

Then again, this decision came from the same person who said that these are our only forum rules worth penalizing over:

It's funny to hear you backpedaling after saying we do not need to moderate the board since it's dead. Mach already had the administrative priviliges, so the only reason you would give him a forum mod is to attempt to emphasize some non-existant point. Everyone has lost count how much stupidity Slinky spews, that's a real good reason to promote him. Considering your history of telling people to deal with harassment and being told to kill themselves, you need to get some thicker skin, pal.

Your dependency on drama from this game stopped being funny ages ago. At least admit you are doing this for lulz, you just look stupid at this point in time, trying to make it seem like you actually have a validated reason.

Fucking Christ. I've had to agree with Ky and Chico in the same few months. What is this game coming to?


So, what exactly is your point? "All he was doing" was encouraging users to post inappropriate filth that has no place on here. Eclipse read what Tony wrote, and not only did not delete it, he encouraged it. So, he can f*** off. Losing board mod is being let off easy. Frankly, the fair and reasonable thing to do would have been to ban both him and Tony.

Also, missing your point completely about being surprised I haven't banned people for posting in this thread. Please elaborate.
Next

Return to Kaiba Corporation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest