SP perk suggestions

General Discussion

Forum rules

If you are new to the forum you should review the Forum Guidelines.
Tournament Moderator
Tournament Moderator

BYOND:
Fistodragon
Guild:
Carpe Noctem
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:40 pm
As we all know, SP is meaningless after 8. So I'm trying to come up with a way to make it so that people will want to join to try and get SP.

5 SP - Guild Member. May seem like much but this is to ensure we can get "competitive" people to play. SP =/= competitive but at least it stops(?) pointless guilds.

30 SP - Guild Leader. I know guilds don't mean much at all but it's possible to implement them again I suppose. The problem with guilds would be that there were way too many of them. Perhaps make it so that if you don't have 5 members, the guild would expire?

50-99 SP - Have a custom sleeve set that has a bronze trophy with a 50 in it.

100-199 SP - Have a custom sleeve set that has a silver trophy with a 100 in it.

200 SP+ - Have a custom sleeve set that has a gold trophy with a 200 in it.

250 SP - Grants the player a medal in which it can allow the use of any icon that is bigger than 32 x 32 (450 x 450?). Don't abuse this right.

250 SP - 1 Custom Playmat We've discussed about this before. I'm sure it can be some sort of item that is tied to your inventory (permanently) just like the trophies are. However, it would be a 1 and done type of deal once you get it. As for how it'll work? Not positive. I made it purposely a high perk to have so we don't have many of them around. however, it could probably discourage people from wanting to get it (because it's really high).

If anything is red, It means I'm flimsy about it being a idea. The playmat and icon are so high because it's self-explanatory.

I'm considering to put the playmat at 250. 450 just seems absurd :P Only like 4 players are close to it and 3 of them don't play.

Post suggestions below
Last edited by Fistodragon on Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
DragonWarrior12
Ace Card:
Baxia - Brightness of the Yang Zing
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:39 am
Fistodragon wrote:5 SP - Guild Member. May seem like much but this is to ensure we can get "competitive" people to play. SP =/= competitive but at least it stops(?) pointless guilds.

This suggestion doesn't seem entirely necessary because Guild Leaders regardless need 40 SP to make a guild, so we can leave it up to the guild leader with the requirements to join said guild.

Fistodragon wrote:40 SP - Guild Leader. I know guilds don't mean much at all but it's possible to implement them again I suppose. The problem with guilds would be that there were way too many of them. Perhaps make it so that if you don't have 5 members, the guild would expire?

The 40 SP is a good idea, if guilds were to ever come back. I remember a thread before; there was a poll asking if people wanted guilds to return but I forget how that ended up. But this requirement would definitely help weed out unnecessary guilds.
A process to complete a guild from being fully created though would to have a total of 5 people to create the guild (Guild Leader + 4 Other People), it would be a good idea to have the 4 Other People have a set amount of SP as well, maybe less than 40, I'd say 15 or 10 (around that area)
If the guild drops below 5 people then it could be disbanded, which would also be a good idea to regulate guilds, maybe after 30 days of inactivity, the inactive person(s) is/are booted from the guild?

Fistodragon wrote:450 SP - 1 Custom Playmat? We've discussed about this before. I'm sure it can be some sort of item that is tied to your inventory (permanently) just like the trophies are. However, it would be a 1 and done type of deal once you get it. As for how it'll work? Not positive. I made it purposely a high perk to have so we don't have many of them around. however, it could probably discourage people from wanting to get it (because it's really high).

This would be a nice idea as well, since there are already a few playmats, the Zone Styles, so I'm it is possible to replicate an image to a rectangular zone sort of thing. Like you also said, this requirement could be lower so that way more people have a chance to get it.

Since you talk about guilds in here, being used again and these requirements to start one, would require it being coded into the game (obviously), so you'd also have to pitch some ideas for benefits for being in a guild. Not many people are behind the idea of guilds so they'll have to be good yet fair ideas.

Also I didnt comment on the ones that are good to being with and need no improvements on them (the 50,100,200 SP for sleeves and that 250 for the larger icon)
Mrs. Swan wrote: Ok, I tell you everythiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
ChicoBDA
Ace Card:
Rescue Cat
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:05 am
Rewards should be for seasonal winners instead, obviously.
Game Admin
Game Admin

BYOND:
Machturbo
Ace Card:
Morphing Jar
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:08 pm
Fistodragon wrote:As we all know, SP is meaningless after 8. So I'm trying to come up with a way to make it so that people will want to join to try and get SP.

5 SP - Guild Member. May seem like much but this is to ensure we can get "competitive" people to play. SP =/= competitive but at least it stops(?) pointless guilds.

40 SP - Guild Leader. I know guilds don't mean much at all but it's possible to implement them again I suppose. The problem with guilds would be that there were way too many of them. Perhaps make it so that if you don't have 5 members, the guild would expire?

50 SP - Have a custom sleeve set that has a bronze trophy with a 50 in it.

100 SP - Have a custom sleeve set that has a silver trophy with a 100 in it.

200 SP - Have a custom sleeve set that has a gold trophy with a 200 in it.

250 SP - Grants the player a medal in which it can allow the use of any icon that is bigger than 32 x 32 but no bigger than 38 x 38.

450 SP - 1 Custom Playmat? We've discussed about this before. I'm sure it can be some sort of item that is tied to your inventory (permanently) just like the trophies are. However, it would be a 1 and done type of deal once you get it. As for how it'll work? Not positive. I made it purposely a high perk to have so we don't have many of them around. however, it could probably discourage people from wanting to get it (because it's really high).

@Icon sizes, either have that be 450 or not exist.
@Guilds, 40 seems a little steep, so I'd say bop it down to 30. As for joining, I don't care if you have an SP or not.
For the 200SP trophy, if it could be made to show your hub SPs after you pass 200, that'd be pretty neato, for all of them too, 50-99, 100-199, 200+.
Playmat, you could move it down to 250, but even then, not many people would have it.
Envoy of Infinity
Envoy of Infinity

BYOND:
Y0- Y0
Ace Card:
Naturia Bambooshoot
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:51 pm
450 is to much plus icefire said he couldn't make playmate cuz of the size
Tournament Moderator
Tournament Moderator

BYOND:
Fistodragon
Guild:
Carpe Noctem
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:55 pm
DragonWarrior12 wrote:Since you talk about guilds in here, being used again and these requirements to start one, would require it being coded into the game (obviously), so you'd also have to [img]pitch%20some%20ideas%20for%20benefits%20for%20being%20in%20a%20guild[/img]. Not many people are behind the idea of guilds so they'll have to be good yet fair ideas.

-Once a week, all guilds can face against each other to win items for their guild? (Limit of 1 per person). Ranked duels, 2/3 all duels.

I'm sure there are other incentives we could make I suppose.

The only issue of guilds would be that there will always be 2 guilds (That are filled with all the "good" people).
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
DragonWarrior12
Ace Card:
Baxia - Brightness of the Yang Zing
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:00 pm
FallenArchlordPeru wrote:450 is to much plus icefire said he couldn't make playmate cuz of the size

Oh, I thought it could simply be made from the same layout of the Zone Icons or the Field Spell Icons, but if he can't then oh well.

Fistodragon wrote:-Once a week, all guilds can face against each other to win items for their guild? (Limit of 1 per person). Ranked duels, 2/3 all duels.

I'm sure there are other incentives we could make I suppose.

The only issue of guilds would be that there will always be 2 guilds (That are filled with all the "good" people).

Maybe a customer Guild Sleeve too or alternative character icons, though I think these guild wars should be separated in time more generously. Also that could be a problem too, a guild full of the more professional/competitive DMG Players and then other guilds. Maybe a member limit on newer guilds too? The more guild battles a guild wins, the more people they can recruit
Mrs. Swan wrote: Ok, I tell you everythiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Haloking101
Ace Card:
Monster Reborn
Guild:
Ventlemen
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:17 pm
I think a Teleport verb at some threshold was discussed awhile back.
Tournament Moderator
Tournament Moderator

BYOND:
Fistodragon
Guild:
Carpe Noctem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:06 am
United wrote:I think a Teleport verb at some threshold was discussed awhile back.

Oh i completely forgot about that.
Envoy of Infinity
Envoy of Infinity

BYOND:
Y0- Y0
Ace Card:
Naturia Bambooshoot
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:01 am
Verb to have Big size icon
Next

Return to Kaiba Corporation