FFA Basic Rules

General Discussion

Forum rules

If you are new to the forum you should review the Forum Guidelines.
Domino Citizen
Domino Citizen
BYOND:
DAWN10
Ace Card:
Neo-Spacian Dark Panther
Guild:
TAG FORCE
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:17 pm
Since a post on TAG Duels was made, i was thinking on the FFAs and little things that should be sticky in this game mode.

Basically FFAs follow the TAG rules but with some differences, also, FFAs are 4 players and 6 players:

FFA RULES WITHOUT LINKS

1_ Each player starts with 8000 LP.

2_ Before use the shuffling command (as always) all players must decide who will start first and the order that will follow the FFA (Counter Clock Wise/CCW or Clock Wise/CW) by playing Janken, Fliping a Coin or Rolling a Dice (recommended), all this is for avoid confusion when the player is rolling dices while everyone is "spamming" shuffle command.

3_ When the FFA starts only the first player can't draw a sixth card, but other players can draw 1 card during their draw phase. However, only the last player can declare a attack.

4_ In FFAs each player have 1 field, other players are an opponent, for that reason cards effect with "your opponent controls" like Raigeki only will affect the selected opponent, you must select the opponent that will be affected by the card.

4.1_ Cards effect that affects "each player" or "both players" will affect ALL players with exceptions like Creature Swap and Exchange or similar cards that will change control of monsters or exchange cards. (Why is a problem? because when only 3 players are playing, 1 of 3 player will get 2 cards instead of 1, or 6 players changing controls with others players is just a disaster, cards like creature swap should work with 2,4,6 number of players and not 3,5,7 players, for that reason cards with similar effects should only work 2 players, you must select a opponent.)

5_ Cards effect with "During your opponent end phase/turn/next end phase" or "during each of your opponent standby phase (Snatch Steal)" will be applied for ALL opponent phases, you do not select a opponent for apply the effect.

6_ Card that need compare Life Points or Number of Cards on the Field/hand like Evilswarm Excition or Ancient Sacred Wyvern, the controller must select a opponent for apply the effects, normally you will select the one that give you advantage or allow you to activate the effect.

In the case of Evilswarm Excition if at least one opponent has the number of cards necessary for activate the effect and other players not, you can activate the effect and you will destroy all cards on the field (remember, "all cards on field" mean "both/each player".)

In the case of Ancient Sacred Wyvern, if the opponent with the lowest LP is out, you must select another opponent for use the effect.

7_ If you control a monster of your opponent, and the owner lost the duel, the losers CANT LEAVE FROM FFA until the FFA end with a winner, why?, because when you low disk the monster that your opponent control will disappear, that is totally bad, they will lose a monster that they actually control or a xyz material, if you control a monster of your opponent you must keep the card even if the owner lost until the card is remove from field, then the owner can leave from duel. (Note, if the player does leave, duelist can with confirmation of the other duelist use a card from their Graveyard or Banish zone as a proxy of the lost card.)

7.1 If you control one or more cards of your opponent, and you lost the duel when other players are still playing, the cards are returned to the owner hand, deck, extra deck, graveyard or banishing pile where they was summoned.

Example:

*Monster Reborn; the monster summoned by this card is returned to the owner graveyard.
*Lava Golem (being summoned from hand); the monster is returned to the owner hand.

FFA RULES WITH LINKS

2 years after of my last post the rules still remain but with the addition of links i want to add some new basic rules related to they.

First all, everyone should know the basic rules previously revealed by Konami-chan, if you still dont well #googleit but if you do continue.

1_ Link Zones and Extra Monster Zones, as you can see in the image, Decode Talker and future cards with similar Link Markers will add Link Zones to your opponent Main Monster Zone and will only affect the opponet that are you facing or is front of you, how the arrows are showing, north to south or vice versa, same apply for side looking players, Decode talker point West to East.

Also Extra Monster Zone, work same way like you are doing a 1v1 game, so everything work same way and the oficial rules about it still apply in FFAs, so if you summon in the extra zone 1, your opponent will summon in the extra zone 2, remember only apply for the opponent that is in front of you.

For limitation from system, ofcourse they are buggy in FFA so everyone will be able to summon in the extra zone 1 (or 2) for that reason again will only apply for the opponent in front of you.

MISSING RULES AND FUTURE CHANGES, some rules are still missing like creature swap vs links in the extra zone or Ghostrick Socuteboss blocking a extra zone (you can still block link zones in the main monster zone) aditionally i will add more rules if is there any potential ruling may mess with FFAs, for now, this should be enough.

I think is all, all was is my experience in FFA, i know some things will be hard to understand because my language barrier, but a TM or RM can be free to make a clean version of the rules.
Last edited by Rosita on Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
JemGryphonkin
Ace Card:
Gren Maju Da Eiza
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 6:11 pm
I cleaned it up for you, not too bad on the grammar/spelling. I've seen english as a second language who type worse.

Anybody want to debate this, feel free. The only thing I see as a potential issue is the targeting opponent clauses might need some debate. I like the exception for cards that switch control like Creature Swap and Exchange from the "Both players" rule, that's always been a headache. A good blanket counter to those headaches.
SwiftBlackNinjaMan wrote:Jem is an adult in every sense of the word. He does not need this game or these forums to boost his self-esteem making him entirely unbiased. He's also a sensible person.

End of first episode of Arc V should have gone like this -- "Wait, did you just summon a bunch of monsters in 1 turn?" "Yeah, so?" "Well, isn't that against the rules?" "SCREW THE RULES I MAKE UP CARD MECHANICS WITH MY PENDANT"
Domino Citizen
Domino Citizen
BYOND:
DAWN10
Ace Card:
Neo-Spacian Dark Panther
Guild:
TAG FORCE
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:23 pm
JemGryphonkin wrote:I cleaned it up for you, not too bad on the grammar/spelling. I've seen english as a second language who type worse.

Anybody want to debate this, feel free. The only thing I see as a potential issue is the targeting opponent clauses might need some debate. I like the exception for cards that switch control like Creature Swap and Exchange from the "Both players" rule, that's always been a headache. A good blanket counter to those headaches.

I added 7th rule, because happen all time, anyone rage when i control his monster, then he quit and surprise! i lost a monster for no reason, i can cosidere that as a "cheat".

Atleast token even if the owner quit (using draw and drop) you keep the token but with monster, they are removed.
Domino Citizen
Domino Citizen
BYOND:
DAWN10
Ace Card:
Neo-Spacian Dark Panther
Guild:
TAG FORCE
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:59 pm
I added a extra rule to 7 FFA Rule

7.1 If you control one or more cards of your opponent, and you lost the duel when other players are still playing, the cards are returned to the owner hand, deck, extra deck, graveyard or banishing pile where they was summoned.

This should cover cards like monster reborn, lava golem and some anime cards that summon monster from main deck to the opponenet side field.
Domino Citizen
Domino Citizen
BYOND:
DAWN10
Ace Card:
Neo-Spacian Dark Panther
Guild:
TAG FORCE
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:38 pm
Added some link rule about zones and link markers, i will add more when all rules are revealed with the "how to play" from upcoming Starter Deck and Rule Book.

Rules also apply for any kind of TAG or FFA (6P or 3vs3).

Return to Kaiba Corporation