Custom Prize Cards

General Discussion

Forum rules

If you are new to the forum you should review the Forum Guidelines.
Game Admin
Game Admin

BYOND:
Machturbo
Ace Card:
Morphing Jar
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:30 pm
Because of what happened during a previous ST, it's going on record now. Prize cards are not allowed in STs/ranked duels.
(This includes, but not limited to, Stupid Hane-Hane)
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
ChicoBDA
Ace Card:
Rescue Cat
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:06 pm
I disagree. It's extremely annoying to deal with as an opponent, because both the card art and the name are different. That means the only way to figure out which card you are dealing with is to actually click the card. The opponent is then constantly forced to remind himself of what he is dealing with. I see no reason to force opponents to deal with such nonsense. There's only a handful of people who have custom cards, and all of them are experienced players. Let's make it clear once and for all that prize cards are not supposed to be used in ranked duels and STs.

(We should definitely make an exception for Stupid Hane-Hane though.)
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
RyuSamurai
Ace Card:
Shadow Ghoul
Guild:
The VCRI
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:46 am
I agree with slinky, and since I already discussed this I'm just going to copy the content of my posts there:

What Mach isn't considering, which makes because he's not an actual ygo player, is that most people in a tournament setting are going to know name's and effects so if you tell me you're activating megaloabyss or the creator or whatever, I'm going to know what that is by card art or name and I'll be able to make a decision in that moment
In the situation yesterday
There's no way for me to know what she activated since it had some weird blobby art and it was named after herself
So I have no way to make a decision
And now the flow of the game is halted while the card is explained
I had set cards for mermail plays because I knew what my opponent was using in advance
And I was taken out of the game because I had to figure out what the f*** got revealed

Return to Kaiba Corporation