[REFERENCE] The Official GCG Rulings topic

Read Only
Rules for the game & forums, as well as some handy guides and articles.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Wolfgang DS
Ace Card:
Shooting Star Dragon
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:29 am
With the current text, yes. But Balance Shooter's effect is currently incorrect, nevermind Blue Flame Swordsman's. Balance Shooter's effect should read as follows.

"When the ATK of a face-up monster you control would be decreased by a card effect, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the amount of ATK that would have been lost instead."

It would no longer be an OTK since reducing Blue Flame Swordsman's ATK is a cost and not an effect.

Ace of Cards
Ace of Cards
BYOND:
SkyressKing
Ace Card:
Mecha Phantom Beast Drago-Sack
Guild:
Avalon
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:16 pm
Wolfgang DelaSangre wrote:With the current text, yes. But Balance Shooter's effect is currently incorrect, nevermind Blue Flame Swordsman's. Balance Shooter's effect should read as follows.

"When the ATK of a face-up monster you control would be decreased by a card effect, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the amount of ATK that would have been lost instead."

It would no longer be an OTK since reducing Blue Flame Swordsman's ATK is a cost and not an effect.

Does that mean an FTK based around this is legal and permitted in a tournament with its current effect?
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Wolfgang DS
Ace Card:
Shooting Star Dragon
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:35 pm
Unless the TM hosting says to use Balance Shooter's correct text. Which I will be advising all TMs to do until it gets fixed.

Ace of Cards
Ace of Cards
BYOND:
SkyressKing
Ace Card:
Mecha Phantom Beast Drago-Sack
Guild:
Avalon
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:17 am
Wolfgang DelaSangre wrote:Unless the TM hosting says to use Balance Shooter's correct text. Which I will be advising all TMs to do until it gets fixed.

Advising means... not decided upon right? So an FTK deck around this is still legal as of now, correct?
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Wolfgang DS
Ace Card:
Shooting Star Dragon
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:01 am
The call IS up to them, but I believe most TMs would be inclined to not let this sort of thing take the top spots in their tournaments. Except for Chev, but only because he doesn't like me and is a troll.
Master of Momentum
Master of Momentum

BYOND:
Valentine
Ace Card:
Stardust Dragon
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:44 pm
SkyressKing wrote:
Wolfgang DelaSangre wrote:Unless the TM hosting says to use Balance Shooter's correct text. Which I will be advising all TMs to do until it gets fixed.

Advising means... not decided upon right? So an FTK deck around this is still legal as of now, correct?

your late addiction already made a consistent build.
also skill drain vs rose, am i able to nuke?
thunder king vs skill drain, do i still get to negate ss?
and if douplewarrior is used for synch, and the synch is negated. do i still get tokens?
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Kochen
Ace Card:
Elemental Hero Yamato
Guild:
Ventlemens Club
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:07 pm
sceptilelegend wrote:
SkyressKing wrote:

your late addiction already made a consistent build.
also skill drain vs rose, am i able to nuke?
thunder king vs skill drain, do i still get to negate ss?
and if douplewarrior is used for synch, and the synch is negated. do i still get tokens?

Skill Drain vs. Rose:
No, Rose's destruction effect is a trigger effect that activates on the field, it's effect will activate and be negated by Skill Drain. The other one is an ignition effect and will also be negated.

Thunder King Rai-Oh vs. Skill Drain:
Yes. Sending Thunder King to the graveyard is a cost to activate the effect. The effect activates on the field, but the monster is no longer on the field, so Skill Drain cannot negate any effects it has.

Doppelwarrior vs. Negated Synchro:
No, the summon of the Synchro monster has to be successful for you to get tokens from Doppelwarrior.
Master of Momentum
Master of Momentum

BYOND:
Valentine
Ace Card:
Stardust Dragon
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:22 pm
thanks, kochen.

Satellite Trash
Satellite Trash

BYOND:
abav
Ace Card:
jerry beans man
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:12 am
does amulet of ambition work against dark negative syncros
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Wolfgang DS
Ace Card:
Shooting Star Dragon
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:53 pm
No. Amulet of Ambition only gives the equipped monster a boost if it battles a monster of a higher Level. As long as UD rules that Dark Synchros are Negative Levels, Amulet of Ambition will not give its power boost to any monster that battles them because their Levels are lower than anything else in the game.
PreviousNext

Return to Rules, Guides & Articles