The Official GCG Rulings topic. (Anime/GCG rules & FAQs)

Read Only
Rules for the game & forums, as well as some handy guides and articles.
Master of Momentum
Master of Momentum

BYOND:
Valentine
Ace Card:
Stardust Dragon
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:19 am
Pot of duality vs dustshoot, is it possible?
Satellite Trash
Satellite Trash

BYOND:
Star Eclipse
Ace Card:
Paradise Lost
Guild:
Lone Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:43 am
I don't believe the three cards you reveal from PoD are considered to be "in your hand."

Your opponent can use it when you add the card you chose, though.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Wolfgang DS
Ace Card:
Shooting Star Dragon
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:17 am
If you chain Trap Dustshoot to Pot of Duality (assuming your opponent had at least 4 cards left after playing the Pot), then you get to look at what they currently have in their hand. Pot of Duality has NOT YET resolved, so your opponent has not picked up any cards. Because, you know, picking up 3 cards is part of the effect. So you don't do that until resolving it.

Pretty much the best time to use Dustshoot is AFTER Pot of Duality has resolved.
Satellite Trash
Satellite Trash

BYOND:
Star Eclipse
Ace Card:
Paradise Lost
Guild:
Lone Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:23 am
Wolfgang DelaSangre wrote:If you chain Trap Dustshoot to Pot of Duality (assuming your opponent had at least 4 cards left after playing the Pot), then you get to look at what they currently have in their hand. Pot of Duality has NOT YET resolved, so your opponent has not picked up any cards. Because, you know, picking up 3 cards is part of the effect. So you don't do that until resolving it.

Pretty much the best time to use Dustshoot is AFTER Pot of Duality has resolved.

Oh, that's what he meant.

Well derp, you're gonna wanna use it after it resolves.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
ChicoBDA
Ace Card:
Rescue Cat
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:56 am
Bye Bye Damage: During this turn, 1 face-up Attack Position monster you control cannot be destroyed by battle. If you recieve Battle Damage, inflict double that amount to your opponent.

Can this be activated if you control no face-up Attack Position monsters?

''If you recieve Battle Damage, inflict double that amount to your opponent.'' Does this work for all battle damage in this turn, or only for that Attack Position monster?

(Wikia text: Activate only when a monster you control would be destroyed by battle. That monster is not destroyed by this battle, and your opponent takes damage equal to twice the Battle Damage you took from this battle.)
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
Eiza Redux
Ace Card:
Devoted Love
Guild:
THEM
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:40 pm
Can this be activated if you control no face-up Attack Position monsters?

No.

We used to have the wikia text before our current text, and UD's source is supposedly ten times more reliable than the wikia's, so I'd just go for the in-game effect. The current in-game effect "If you recieve Battle Damage, inflict double that amount to your opponent." should only last for the first case of battle damage you take for that turn. But yeah, it could be worded better.
It's over 2000!
It's over 2000!
BYOND:
Ace of Aces Broken
Ace Card:
New Orders 13 Etheric Amen
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:01 pm
Bye Bye Damage is so dumb.
And yet Damage x2 is banned.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Wolfgang DS
Ace Card:
Shooting Star Dragon
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:33 am
Do you mean Damage Interest? Because that's at 1.

Satellite Trash
Satellite Trash

BYOND:
grah4791
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:49 am
I have a question about the spellbook field spell La Maison, when it says

Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, if you have 1 or more Spellcaster-Type monsters in your Graveyard or on your side of the field: You can return 1 "Spellbook" Spell Card from your Graveyard to the bottom of your Deck, except "Spellbook Institute - La Maison"; draw 1 card. When this card is destroyed by your opponent's card effect and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 Spellcaster-Type monster from your hand or Deck whose Level is less than or equal to the number of "Spellbook" Spell Cards in your Graveyard.

Does that mean I have to send a spellbook to my deck in order to draw? Because I figure since their is a semi-colon you don't have to send one to your deck in order to use the other effect? I just started playing this game again and ..... man did things go crazy on me.

Thanks for your help
Satellite Trash
Satellite Trash
BYOND:
NastyTaste
Ace Card:
The Seal Of Orichalcos
Guild:
Star Sentries
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:11 pm
grah4791 wrote:I have a question about the spellbook field spell La Maison, when it says

Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, if you have 1 or more Spellcaster-Type monsters in your Graveyard or on your side of the field: You can return 1 "Spellbook" Spell Card from your Graveyard to the bottom of your Deck, except "Spellbook Institute - La Maison"; draw 1 card. When this card is destroyed by your opponent's card effect and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 Spellcaster-Type monster from your hand or Deck whose Level is less than or equal to the number of "Spellbook" Spell Cards in your Graveyard.

Does that mean I have to send a spellbook to my deck in order to draw? Because I figure since their is a semi-colon you don't have to send one to your deck in order to use the other effect? I just started playing this game again and ..... man did things go crazy on me.

Thanks for your help

You have to return 1 "Spellbook" Spell card from your Graveyard to the Bottome of your deck in order to activate the "Draw 1 card" effect.
PreviousNext

Return to Rules, Guides & Articles