Guide: Game Assisted Effects

Read Only
Rules for the game & forums, as well as some handy guides and articles.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
InCinErator
Ace Card:
King Tiger Wanghu
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:49 am
united wrote:Trap Monsters? (auto-summoning them in the position the trap designates)

That would definitely be nice. You also should not be able to activate the Trap Monster cards in the first place if your monster zones are full, but ya. I support this.
It's over 2000!
It's over 2000!
BYOND:
Tristamid
Ace Card:
Potential
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:13 am
Just saying, if you did it w/o thinking or something, I could see problems occurring...
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
InCinErator
Ace Card:
King Tiger Wanghu
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:02 pm
Tristam wrote:Just saying, if you did it w/o thinking or something, I could see problems occurring...

I meant that UD could make it where you can't activate Trap Monster cards if your monster zones are full if he did implement this. Sort of in the same way he doesn't allow cards like Doomcaliber Knight to be Special Summoned with the in-game functions.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
Darkblade986
Ace Card:
Fabled Raven
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:57 pm
It'd be doable, but the question is whether it'd be worth it.

He'd have to code in exceptions to the action menu to check if the Monster is a designated Trap Monster. He'd have to code a secondary check against the active Monster Card zones to see if any are left, which admittedly could be copied across from the Normal Summon / Special Summon checks.

Irregardless of that, there's also a question about what would happen if your opponent chains Royal Decree, or they activate something where you realize "Oh, Call of the Haunted on my TK Rai-Oh is a better option" and you only had 1 Zone left? Too much automation is a bad thing if it's poorly implemented. Now that's not to say I wouldn't mind short cut "Move to Monster Zone" / "Move to Spell/Trap Zone" functions, but don't automate them.
It's over 2000!
It's over 2000!
BYOND:
Tristamid
Ace Card:
Potential
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:58 pm
Dawgster wrote:
Tristam wrote:Just saying, if you did it w/o thinking or something, I could see problems occurring...

I meant that UD could make it where you can't activate Trap Monster cards if your monster zones are full if he did implement this. Sort of in the same way he doesn't allow cards like Doomcaliber Knight to be Special Summoned with the in-game functions.

I never knew that was in effect. I don't think I've ever run that card in my life. But ok, that's even mo bettah.
Super Special Awsome
Super Special Awsome
BYOND:
Yudai Yubel
Ace Card:
Shooting Star Dragon
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:40 pm
You forgot Blue Eyes Shining Dragon and Paladin to but on the list.
Previous

Return to Rules, Guides & Articles