Rules of the Road: A Guide to Turbo Duels

Read Only
Rules for the game & forums, as well as some handy guides and articles.
It's over 2000!
It's over 2000!
BYOND:
Tristamid
Ace Card:
Potential
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:09 pm
I hope it means all the dark signer versions of characters come back and team up with the signers. Even if they stop wearing the cloaks, I just want their eyes to go black and the birthmark to reappear, and have Jack lead them to beating down Ylliaster. XD Especially if that means more Synchro replacements for their dark synchro monsters: Infernity Death Dragon > OHED Dragon, etc.
Super Special Awsome
Super Special Awsome
BYOND:
Mushi-Kun
Ace Card:
Blue-Eyes Ultimate Jounouchi-Kun
Guild:
Ventlemans Club
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:43 pm
So wolf according to your guide. The first player Doesn't have a standby phase.

Because Speed World 2 says during the standby phase. And your the stupid ruling says you don't get it the first turn. What do you base this on. The first player DOES have a standby phase. So why shouldn't standby phase effects activate.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Wolfgang DS
Ace Card:
Shooting Star Dragon
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:39 pm
I base this on the fact that in EVERY Riding Duel in the anime to date, neither player gained any Speed Counters during the first turn. The ruling does NOT state that the Standby Phase is skipped. It says to simply not enter it, and the reason for that is because the game is automatic in this regard, and blind. It WILL add Speed Counters.

If you or your opponent feel like the starting player MUST enter the Standby Phase for any reason, then the starting player should simply say, "I'm entering my Standby Phase," and leave it at that.

But you DID bring something important to my attention. I'll update that part of the guide to make it clearer.
Super Special Awsome
Super Special Awsome
BYOND:
Mushi-Kun
Ace Card:
Blue-Eyes Ultimate Jounouchi-Kun
Guild:
Ventlemans Club
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:42 am
If I remember correctly then in the Vid Games the first players did get speed counters the first turn. And how did the chart go again, oh yah
TCG > OCG > Vid Games > Anime.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Wolfgang DS
Ace Card:
Shooting Star Dragon
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:34 am
Mushi - The Rebel wrote:If I remember correctly then in the Vid Games the first players did get speed counters the first turn. And how did the chart go again, oh yah
TCG > OCG > Vid Games > Anime.

UD himself has already stated that we will not be using the video game system because he hates it. Stated it during the most recent Dark Synchro debate, actually.

I've borrowed some rules from the video games, but those have not been in conflict with the anime thus far, so there is no problem. Aside from those few rules, we stick to the anime system. No SPC during the first Standby Phase. If you must enter your Standby for some reason, just say you're entering it in DuelSay, but don't click on the button. Automatic SPC-Gain and all.
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
Eiza Redux
Ace Card:
Devoted Love
Guild:
THEM
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:04 pm
TCG > OCG > VGs > Anime ladder applies to cards and their rulings. Speed World and Speed World 2's effects are typed properly; the game mechanics revolving around Speed Duels will be pretty much anime enforced.

Your burn deck is one turn slower.
Satellite Trash
Satellite Trash

BYOND:
Dean_A_Fry
Ace Card:
Worm Zero
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:14 am
Thanks for the guide wolf, I really like turbo duels ^^

If anyone is interested about doing Turbo Duels in WRPG Style then please visit this topic viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2964 , Maybe you could put this link on your guide Wolf if possible?
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Wolfgang DS
Ace Card:
Shooting Star Dragon
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:38 am
Eh, that's is more fan-made than DMG Official. I probably won't add it. Whenever WRGP-style dueling IS adopted by the staff, it'll probably get its own separate guide. And in the meantime, there are still a lot of bugs to be worked out with the Duel Swap feature.

What I OUGHT to do, though, is write a guide on how to duel on D-Wheels. Not just the controls, but a guide on how to actually do it and make as few mistakes as possible. A lot of people still aren't used to it, including staff members.
Satellite Trash
Satellite Trash

BYOND:
Avainer1
Ace Card:
Kuriboh
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:09 pm
Cool
Satellite Trash
Satellite Trash

BYOND:
Avainer1