Do the Holographic's emit shockwaves when attacking?

Talk about all things Yu-Gi-Oh!

Forum rules

If you are new to the forum you should review the Forum Guidelines.

BYOND:
megavipersnake
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:39 pm
There is one thing I have always wondered about the anime and that is that if the Holographics of the Duel Monster Cards WITH "Safe Guards" on can cause Shockwaves.

In Yu-Gi-Oh! Episode 054: Obelisk The Tormentor Kaiba Dueled againts a Duel Robot which had all three Blue-Eyes in in its deck. Before the Duel starts it was stated (in the English Dub at least) that he Dueled without "Safe Guards" and because of that the monsters could really cause Injuries. Bassicly it would feel the same if you were dueling in a Shadow Game (I think please correct me if I am wrong) were the battle damage would be "set real". But that is not the point I want to discuss here.

In the upcoming episodes further from Episode 54 it has been shown that Duelist "flinch" when being attacked, getting effect damage or a monster. But this was with the "Safe Guards" on, is this either cause of "Sub Conscious reflex" that even when the Duelist KNOWS it is a hologram their subconscious just cannot make that distinction and they "Flinch" out of reflex? Or does Dueling with Safeguards on cause "subtle and weak" shockwaves causing them to flinch?

The reason why I asking this if Dueling with Duel Disk for a person that has arrhythmia (for example) makes it more dangerous whether the Safe Guards are on or not. Since Arrhythmia is a heart condition and shocks/blows to the chest area are not "recommended"...since well you get the Idea. Obviously dueling with Safe Guards off would definitely not be advise and a shadow duel even more.

Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
get rekt kid
Guild:
smd trick
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:27 am
hi

BYOND:
megavipersnake
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:02 am
Hello can you please answer this post?
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
Eiza Redux
Ace Card:
Devoted Love
Guild:
THEM
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:50 am
I would imagine it's the "subtle and weak" version, especially as you get into the whole Solid Vision thing.
Kochen wrote:Nothing is becoming outdated, you're just stupid.

BYOND:
megavipersnake
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:30 pm
But are those shock waves enough to trigger someone arrhythmia even when that weak shock wave goes trough the chest? After all "blows" to the chest or back are dangerous enough.
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
Eiza Redux
Ace Card:
Devoted Love
Guild:
THEM
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:45 am
Since this is all theory, it'd likely come down to a person-by-person case. If you're writing/RPing this, it could go whichever way you want, with more damage meaning more danger. It's not like you're withstanding the impact from a speeding 18-wheeler, which most would crumple to, heart problems or not.
Kochen wrote:Nothing is becoming outdated, you're just stupid.

Return to Yu-Gi-Oh!