Raz's Rules for Handicapped Duels

Talk about all things Yu-Gi-Oh!

Forum rules

If you are new to the forum you should review the Forum Guidelines.

It's over 2000!
It's over 2000!

BYOND:
Razeth
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:19 am
Just recently got bored and started one of these, and wanted to share my personal rules in case anyone wants them:

1. LPs are shared by the two/three opponents; all players start with 8000 LPs.
  2. Turns advance in clockwise order. In a clockwise positioning, turn order goes 1 > 2 > 1 > 3 > 1 > 4 > 1. And so on.
  3. No one can attack until all players get one turn (so the end of the 6th turn I believe).
  4. Fields are shared by the two/three opposing players, but not control. They can sync/XYZ/fusion with their partner's monsters (control goes to the turn player who conducted the special summon), but may not remove or return cards from their partner's hand, graveyard, RFG, or deck for summoning requirements of their cards. Dark Hole destroys all monsters on the field, and I would have to destroy all monsters my opponent(s) control before I could attack them directly. The rules are very similar to DMG's Tag rules aside from LPs and turn order. Consult them for any other ruling questions about handicapped duels.
Just thought that someone may want to play like this. WHEN UR AS BADASS AS I AM, THIS AINT SHIT!
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BYOND:
Shepardj
Ace Card:
Voltic Bicorn
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:33 am
Thought I'd correct your ruling on Mirror Force.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Mirror_Force

Mirror Force's most recent errata says "control". Since your opponents do not control each other's monsters, it would only destroy the monsters of the one who attacked.

It's over 2000!
It's over 2000!

BYOND:
Razeth
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:01 am
Ah, true enough. Thanks, I'll amend that.

Ace of Cards
Ace of Cards
BYOND:
SkyressKing
Ace Card:
Mecha Phantom Beast Drago-Sack
Guild:
Avalon
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:39 pm
But you'll deckout three times as quickly. Lol, 3 mill decks vs. 1. GG.
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
Eiza Redux
Ace Card:
Devoted Love
Guild:
THEM
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:17 pm
Except no one runs mill decks and wins since 2009.
Kochen wrote:Nothing is becoming outdated, you're just stupid.
Card Professor
Card Professor

BYOND:
Hajutze
Ace Card:
Substitoad
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:00 pm
3 burn decks ? they need to do only 2667 lp each.
FUTURAMA
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Wolfgang DS
Ace Card:
Shooting Star Dragon
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:48 pm
"Control" is shorthand for "side of the field". They actually write out "side of the field" in the OCG.

I dunno. If you're gonna do something like this, you might as well go all the way. In the anime, control wasn't so much shared as it was "passed". Bonds Beyond Time had pretty much all the rules you'd need to reference.

Or you could just look at the video games. Either or.
Witness the Rebellion of Mars!

The Void
Infernity Nightmare cards
Infernity Nightmare meanings

The only thing that makes anyone third-rate is their attitude, not their skill. - Joey Wheeler, The Daikaiju Secret Episode Eight: Trials
Game Admin
Game Admin
BYOND:
Eiza Redux
Ace Card:
Devoted Love
Guild:
THEM
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:10 am
Honestly, if you're going to go ahead and give the handicapped person tons of turns, you might as well give them a massive pool of Life Points. Should be more of a challenge for the team you're up against, right?
Kochen wrote:Nothing is becoming outdated, you're just stupid.
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
BYOND:
Kochen
Ace Card:
Elemental Hero Yamato
Guild:
Ventlemens Club
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:23 am
Wolfgang DelaSangre wrote:"Control" is shorthand for "side of the field". They actually write out "side of the field" in the OCG.

-sigh-

We've gone over this a million times. The game isn't written for tag duels. Even if used interchangeably in the standard game, tag duels are NOT a standard way of playing.

As such, they have their own rules/terms to both make it unique and less of a headache when dealing with rulings for it.

In short, shut up, no one cares what you have to say. Control =/= Side of the Field.
Image Image Image Image Image

It's over 2000!
It's over 2000!

BYOND:
Razeth
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:59 am
-Eiza- wrote:Honestly, if you're going to go ahead and give the handicapped person tons of turns, you might as well give them a massive pool of Life Points. Should be more of a challenge for the team you're up against, right?

Nah, I think it's fun having 8000 and VSing 8000, but instead having to go through three people to get that down to zero. Some people think one side (whether it be the solo player or his opponents) has an advantage, but really, when you play it's pretty balanced. Having 16,000 LPs or whatever would just give me a buttload of turns and make it less of a challenge. But again, these are just my personal rules.
Next

Return to Yu-Gi-Oh!